Ok so will do it my way...

Started by Dave, September 15, 2004, 07:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

As a few of you know ive been working on a 31 model a for a friend. We installed the rear fenders just before kzoo and lo and behold it looked like crap. The wheels were too far back in the fenders. What do we do. I checked the wheel base and its right and the body is on the frame right so now what. My way. I hate wheels that dont line up right in the fenders so what i decided to do tonite was * the 4 bars out and kick the rearend forward and see how it looked... Much better.. Im gonna cut 1 1/4 inches off the 4 bars and hook er back up. The heck with the wheel base dimensions its gotta look right. Oh ya dont worry ive looked at the fenders close and both sides were off not just one like a bad fender so im thinking its just one of henrys wierd bodys that nuttin fit as good as it should and believe me they are out there. Im kinda picky and nows thw time to get it right. The bad part though iw were gonna have the drive shatf shortened cause the cut it pretty close to begin with and ive got the rearend shoved up til it bottoms out...
It will work ..
:idea: Dave

enjenjo

Typical Ford. I've had to do the same thing. What you going to do about the springs/shocks?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"Typical Ford. I've had to do the same thing. What you going to do about the springs/shocks?

Shortened the 4 bars today and slapped it back together. All ive got to do is a little work on the panhard rod mount and bolt . Looks like they used a 14mm bolt to hook it to the rearend bracket? And we need to shorten the driveshaft. Every thing else is cool. Its got coilovers and the moved no problemo...
Dave :lol:

nomobux

Yer right Dave, they gotta look rite, no matter how much work. I see too many rods with the wheels not centered or setting too far in or out. The wheel / tire combo and fitment can make or break a car imho !! You can take a absolute dog and put on a * set of wheels and have yerself a ride.
:b-d:  \" I GOTTS NOMOBUX \" :b-d: