Any brand name suggestions for an enclosed trailer?

Started by Beck, December 31, 2015, 12:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

Does anyone have any brand name suggestions for an enclosed trailer? Or brands to stay away from?

I am considering an all aluminum version. I don't know if they are worth the extra money. The big problem I have with the extra investment is historically I sell things like that in about 2 years. I don't think the extra money will come back on the resale.  

I think a 7 x 16 will fill my needs for now. I just enquired about a Stealth brand. I had never heard of them. The pictures look good. They come in steel or aluminum frame.  

Do any of the manufacturers use torsion axles any more. I know the spring axles are cheaper, but I had the torsion before and liked the ride.

chimp koose

I have a little advise as far as what to do to protect in case of theft . A guy I know had an enclosed trailer stolen from him a few years back . He had some graphics on it that made it easy to locate but when found the police had a problem as the serial # didn't match. Hal asked the police if he could enter the trailer and was allowed in . He removed a section of the ceiling covering and brought out from it a copy of his trailer registration . Case closed, trailer recovered , charges laid .

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "chimp koose"I have a little advise as far as what to do to protect in case of theft . A guy I know had an enclosed trailer stolen from him a few years back . He had some graphics on it that made it easy to locate but when found the police had a problem as the serial # didn't match. Hal asked the police if he could enter the trailer and was allowed in . He removed a section of the ceiling covering and brought out from it a copy of his trailer registration . Case closed, trailer recovered , charges laid .

Sounds like a good idea, like when people used to drop business cards into the doors of their cars.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Charlie Chops 1940

Tom, My orange trailer was an MTI out of northern Indiana. About  the size you are looking for but not and aluminum frame, It had two torsion axles.Towed like a dream. It went to a Harley guy last summer.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

35WINDOW

I used to sell Wells Cargo and Featherlite-Featherlites are nice, but spendy- while the Wells Cargo isn't all aluminum, they are very well built, and we sold a lot of them without issues-