My Thanks To GPster & Rodrelic

Started by Bib_Overalls, September 15, 2004, 02:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

About ten days ago I floated a post because I need help in obtaining trchnical data for my Olds 215 engine build.

Yesterday the mailman brought me a fat envelope postmarked Macon, Georga.  Inside, courtesy of GPster, I found photo copies of the relevant 1961 MOTOR MANUAL pages.

Today the mailman brought me another fat evenlope.  This one was postmarked Sinclairyville, New York and contained, courtesy of Rodrelic, photo copies from the CHILTON F85 manual.

I have not had time to compare one against the other but my experience has shown me MOTOR and CHILTON complement each other and that you can usually find something in one that is not in the other (and vice versa).  Having both covers all the bases.

So thanks guys.  With your help I should have this puppy closed up in no time at all.

Or, as the good old boys around here say "Appriciate Ya".
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

GPster

That would have explained why it took so long to get to you. It was mailed from Marietta, Ohio. We did the copies at my wife's work and weighed it on the mail meter so that I would be sure to have enough postage on it. Rather than put it in a post box and have it sit over a weekend I made sure that my mailman got it on a workday so that it would travel it's intended route. So much for efficiency. GPster

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "GPster"That would have explained why it took so long to get to you. It was mailed from Marietta, Ohio. We did the copies at my wife's work and weighed it on the mail meter so that I would be sure to have enough postage on it. Rather than put it in a post box and have it sit over a weekend I made sure that my mailman got it on a workday so that it would travel it's intended route. So much for efficiency. GPster

You moved!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks