pro stock rules 2016 for Fuel injection

Started by Glen, August 13, 2015, 11:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

looks like the NHRA just entered the "restrictor plate racing" business.  check out the new rules for pro stock in 2016.

if you didn't know they made them pull the curtains off the rear of the car so you can see their 4link setups and they made them turn the cars around in the pits so you can see the intakes now.  Rumor shorter wheelie bars are coming and the crew can no longer lean on the quarter panel to keep it straight in the burnout box.  No more hood scoops!

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/general.asp?articleid=64393&zoneid=132

Bruce Dorsi

Wow !!

It reads like Holley bought their way into this rule book !!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

UGLY OLDS

1000' racing  :?:  :?:     Now restrictor   plates  :?:  :?:  

Pretty soon it will be like watching golf on TV.. :roll:

I still think that NASCAR races should not be stopped for rain..Change to "rain tires" & press on...Carefully ..... :idea:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Truthfully, I've never gotten involved with racing, but, as Bruce said, it looks like Holley got their foot in the door.  Will it now be called "National Holley Racing Assn."?

Or, how about "No-one (but) Holley Racing Assn."?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Truthfully, I've never gotten involved with racing, but, as Bruce said, it looks like Holley got their foot in the door.  Will it now be called "National Holley Racing Assn."?

Or, how about "No-one (but) Holley Racing Assn."?

When did it change from "No Hot Rods Allowed"   :?:  :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

true.  Look like Holley is the big winner here.  National Holley Racing Association

NHRA is JPS  :  just plain stoopid.

All these new controls on the cars, restrictions, then make the racers reveal the cars to the open, no covers on suspension  parts or engines.  Kripes, what a bunch of lost folks.

Seems like I read one of the NHRA hounchos was just removed?  Some little DUI arrest deal?

For many years, Hughes Perf , would buy my ticket to a NHRA event if our race team was there.  I never attended.

GIve me the grass roots guys, the hard working racers, the guys doing a lot with little.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Pro stock has become a class where engines are LEASED from the builder , drivers take public relations training and do pr interviews and sponsor related work between rounds or rest in the trailer while tune ups are given over the phone to teams by the engine owner/builder . Clutch and suspension are the crew chiefs domain . I heard there were only 17 teams going for the 16 qualified spots at one of the latest national events.It is getting more expensive to race in a pro class , cubic dollars seem to trump ingenuity in the world of pro racing .Holley is likely the named provider of the pro stock FI parts due to some form of contingency sponsorship deal . When I used to be an NHRA member 20 yrs ago you would see an announcement about an exciting new contingency program from some manufacturer and like clockwork you would see a new rule requiring their product in the next issue of national dragster or the next rule book . In the early 80's the rule book would give you the specs required to BUILD a proper trans shield . Now those are pieces that require an SFI sticker and a re cert every so often. I am all for safety in the sport ( been a tech inspector for many years) but sometimes the rules regarding safety read like a supporting sponsors money grab.Time to step off the soapbox before I start on  about fuel cars.