Know anything about Coldmasterinc a/c in Florida?

Started by 58 Yeoman, July 06, 2015, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-C-KIT-UNIVERSAL-UNDER-DASH-EVAPORATOR-COMPRESSOR-KIT-AIR-CONDITIONER-12V-/281696053864

I've gone to Summit and a couple others, and all I can find are total heat/ac units, unless I'm driving a Ford truck or Mustang.

Anyone familiar with this outfit?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Digger

What are you looking for Phil? For individual parts I have good luck with Yogi's.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

enjenjo

For the setup in the auction, the only thing I haven't used is the under dash unit. The rest of the parts are brand names I recognize.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

The '63 has a/c, but I think it's been cobbled together.  I haven't really had a chance to check it out, but there is no receiver dryer, and he said the compressor may be bad (when I bought it in '13...where does time go?).  It appears to have been converted to R134, as it has the new fittings.  

I've been doing so much work around the house, that I'm getting tired of 'fixing' things.  I could spend $500 on a/c, but not the $1000 + for the heat/ a/c units.  Just trying to get my ducks in a row.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I googled the company. The website says they came from Venezuela. They specialized in bus systems.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

If your compressor is bad, and it's a York, you can buy an adapter that will mount a Sanden compressor on the same bracket. I did a 62 a few years ago.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.