Insurance Claim

Started by Mikej, June 18, 2004, 12:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

I'm sorry to say that I'm going to try out my Insurance. I damaged the front fenders and grill apron at a car show Sunday. I have Hagerty Ins. The first contact was today. Very nice lady. Hope everything goes smooth.
 Bodyman wanted to paint the whole car but I vetoed that idea. Biggest problem for him was the paint is a mix of 2 different House of Kolor colors. He said something to the effect that the original painter must have been a chemist :lol:  I love the color and the graphics so we're going to match it! the best we can.
I'll keep you posted on the results.

purplepickup

Mike, I've got Hagerty insurance too.  Let us know how things turn out.  

The color on my truck is a color we mixed up and I've got the formula but it's hard to match.  Everytime I buy paint to paint a stone chipped fender or radiator shell it's a little different.  In the sun you can see about 5 different shades.  That's how many panels I've repainted. :lol:   Not too many people notice tho.
George

Mikej

Talked to the lady at Hagerty today and all is well. She said the check would go out today or tommorrow. It has just been a week.
The body shop is going to start on it after the 4th. I'm going to help them take it apart so it goes aliitle easier for them.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Sorry to hear about what happened.  With the computers that they have now days helping to match paint, it shouldn't be an issue.  My fingers will be crossed for you.

If the body shop fines more "damages" then they originally spotted, Hagerty will not have a probley cutting you another check for a legit repair.

Keep us up to date of the repairs.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Mikej

Good news is Hagerty sent a check right out. Bad news is the first attempt at matching the paint didn't  go to well. Trying again. We're going to get the paint right before we take it apart.

Mikej

The paint is a pretty good match, now he is going to Alaska fishing for a week.

river1

Quote from: "Mikej"The paint is a pretty good match, now he is going to Alaska fishing for a week.

good he should be nice and relaxed when it comes time to paint.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Good Luck! If that were my car waiting to get painted...he'd get eaten by a grizzly bear! :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Mikej

Got the car back from the body shop last week. Everything went well. Paint matches as well as can be expected. I paid extra to have the running baord painted so things would match up better. I also had the front fenders rhino lined. This caused alittle trouble gettig things lined back up. Hagerty paid up with only one call for additional pictures. The damage didn't show too much because I had pulled the front apron and fenders out from under the car. Just thought I would give an update. I'm on the road again after a month of withdrawls......

alchevy

Glad to hear that Hagerty came through for you since that's who I just switched to. Sounds like they live up to their claim.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Roadstar

Any time I get a car in the shop that is insured through Haggarty there is never a problem.

I fixed a 57 T-Bird once that jumped out of gear on the owner and crashed in to the garage in reverse. It needed a quater panel. The insurance company paid $6500 for a NOS quater panel for the car. Never once questioned the bill.

Glad to hear evrything went so good for you getting the car repaired.

Great!Sooo.....When do I get to inspect the repairs in person?????I think the Applefest is the same weekend as GoodGuys in Kansas City?I will probably try and get to K.C......need to thin the herd,have more cars than shop space and Winter is coming!If I get hung up at work  :roll:  and can't get away,I'll at least try and slide down to Woodbine for the day.I'll e-mail you later....See Ya!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Mikej

Darlye, Applefest is the 25th. Hope you can make it.