coupe progress

Started by chimp koose, May 10, 2015, 12:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

I unloaded my T coupe body at work where I am working on the chassis. I have been doing a lot of things other than the T coupe lately but will hopefully get back to it this week. My goal for the week is to cut out the firewall and move it back to clear the engine . I also need it moved so I can properly locate the shaft from steering column to rack and also  hopefully mount  or at least locate where the column will go. I have an early 70s chev van column I think I will use .

kb426

Sure would be nice to see some pics. :)
TEAM SMART

chris spokes

Quote from: "kb426"Sure would be nice to see some pics. :)

x2  8)
he who has the most toys wins

chimp koose

I will have to work at that technology.

chimp koose

lets try a picture now.my old Anglia.

chimp koose

my daughter is amazing! resizing allowed the post. she sent them to her phone then resized them and emailed them to me then the computer would send them to RRT. That was a picture of the Anglia I sold 2 yrs ago. Look out I think we might be sending a few pictures soon. I just have to figure out how to get them off my non internet phone.

jaybee

Excellent! I love hearing about what you're working on, can't wait to start seeing pics.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

papastoyss

Quote from: "chimp koose"I unloaded my T coupe body at work where I am working on the chassis. I have been doing a lot of things other than the T coupe lately but will hopefully get back to it this week. My goal for the week is to cut out the firewall and move it back to clear the engine . I also need it moved so I can properly locate the shaft from steering column to rack and also  hopefully mount  or at least locate where the column will go. I have an early 70s chev van column I think I will use .
I've used that van column in all my builds. I clamp the entire column down to my mill table & machine the shaft down to 3/4 "dd next to the housing & cut off the excess shaft. If you are using floor shift the shift lever nub can be sawed off the column & the hole filled w/ J B Weld or a similar product. I tap the hole for the lever return spring & screw a 3/8 bolt in it to reinforce the filler blob.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

chimp koose

Papastoys thanks for sharing . I will probably use that column because the Anglia column that I have would require a bunch of work. The Anglia has a banjo wheel with the horn and signal switch in the center of the wheel but uses a hollow steering shaft to send the wires through the steering box and out the end. Kind of hard to use the Anglia column with a 3/4"DD .I have been thinking about keeping the car a column shift or else using the original brake lever as a shifter.