34 Ford build

Started by enjenjo, September 27, 2014, 01:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrumbler

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I could not find any tracks that would work in these doors, so I modified the tracks he had to make it work. I then had to make up stops in the track to keep the rollers from popping out.Every thing is now working as it should.

So a couple weeks ago I started it up, let it warm up, and checked things over. Today was a nice day, a little cool, but sunny, so I was going to take it for a test drive. It will start, but as so as the ignition is released to the run position, it dies. It has power at the ignition switch, and at the fuse box, but nothing is getting to the coil. So I have to dig further into it to find the problem. I never touched any of this, so it has me puzzled.

Ballast resistor??
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Rrumbler"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I could not find any tracks that would work in these doors, so I modified the tracks he had to make it work. I then had to make up stops in the track to keep the rollers from popping out.Every thing is now working as it should.

So a couple weeks ago I started it up, let it warm up, and checked things over. Today was a nice day, a little cool, but sunny, so I was going to take it for a test drive. It will start, but as so as the ignition is released to the run position, it dies. It has power at the ignition switch, and at the fuse box, but nothing is getting to the coil. So I have to dig further into it to find the problem. I never touched any of this, so it has me puzzled.

Ballast resistor??

There is none, electronic ignition.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I fixed it. There was a bad crimp on the wire to the coil at the fuse. I have run into this before with E Z wire harnesses. So if you use one, check all the crimps before you install it.

manyolkars

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"How many more items will you find? Was this a high mileage car or one built from used parts?

The car sat for about 15 years without moving. It was put back in service after that without any thing cleaned or changed outside of the fuel system. I am addressing those things now.
Steering problem may be a difference in length of wheel base  so measure both sides

enjenjo

Quote from: "manyolkars"
Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "kb426"How many more items will you find? Was this a high mileage car or one built from used parts?

The car sat for about 15 years without moving. It was put back in service after that without any thing cleaned or changed outside of the fuel system. I am addressing those things now.
Steering problem may be a difference in length of wheel base  so measure both sides

That it was, more than an inch. I took it out and drive it today, drives much better, no shake in the front end.