AWD disabled light?

Started by 348tripower, January 31, 2015, 01:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I have a 2002 Rendezvous that has this light on. I have test driven it with the scanner attached and I have wheel speed on all four wheels. No ABS light. Ideas?
Don Colliau

wayne petty

does your scanner read B0000, C0000 and U0000 codes?? generic scan tools usually don't..  what brand and model scan tool do you have so i can look up a manual to see if it will read them..?? and if it has a cartridge.. which one..

you seem to have an advanced scan tool or an abs specific version.

do the wheel speed sensors match as you drive at various speeds.. have the passenger look at them..

Arnold

I just went through a lot of this.
Pretty much only a dealer can read that code.
They pretty much insist on a factory recommended rear axle fluid change..then a flush.First. After the initial code read charge..then it costs more because of this code and needs to be looked at by someone with thos credentials.
Your local garage can change this fluid.Use only the GM proper stuff.
This will probably get the muck away from the filter screen..might take 2km..then flush again.
The dirty screen restricts the flow to the sensor and causes it to read an overheat of the dif fluid and shuts off.
Next step is to pull the valve out of the dif. Pretty messy takes 2 seconds.
If the screen is dirty put it back in and try it again.
if that does not work it is either the wiring harness under/near the back L door or most likely the valve in the dif. $250-$300 ouch.
I did a ton of research on this..those rear ends are not serviceable.
Not much ever goes wrong with them.EXCEPT for that valve :evil:

Those rear ends are a grand up here used..new dealer is like $4800 plus tax and installation Cdn. Ouch.

Arnold

Quote from: "Arnold"I just went through a lot of this.
Pretty much only a dealer can read that code.
They pretty much insist on a factory recommended rear axle fluid change..then a flush.First. After the initial code read charge..then it costs more because of this code and needs to be looked at by someone with thos credentials.
Your local garage can change this fluid.Use only the GM proper stuff.
This will probably get the muck away from the filter screen..might take 2km..then flush again.
The dirty screen restricts the flow to the sensor and causes it to read an overheat of the dif fluid and shuts off.
Next step is to pull the valve out of the dif. Pretty messy takes 2 seconds.
If the screen is dirty put it back in and try it again.
if that does not work it is either the wiring harness under/near the back L door or most likely the valve in the dif. $250-$300 ouch.
I did a ton of research on this..those rear ends are not serviceable.
Not much ever goes wrong with them.EXCEPT for that valve :evil:

Those rear ends are a grand up here used..new dealer is like $4800 plus tax and installation Cdn. Ouch.

Brain dead..lol..if the screen is dirty clean it..

348tripower

Thanks,
I will clean the screen and change the rear diff. lube. All the sensors were reading the same wheel speed. The ABS works fine too. I just bought a Autel MD802. My old OTC scanner had a cartridge to 2002 but would read some abs to 2004.  I needed to upgrade so I bit the bullet. I did do a comparison with the OTC and the Autel and they gave me the same information. Curiosity
here
:shock:
Don Colliau