wiring harnesses

Started by trackster, January 30, 2015, 04:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Has anybody had any experience dealing with Larry's Electric in Illinois?    I just heard about them from a buddy and was wondering about their fuel injection harnesses.  Thanks for any and all input.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

kb426

What are you needing a harness for? I'm not any help with your original question.
TEAM SMART

papastoyss

I've known Larry for quite a few years, he knows his stuff. I bought a LS1 harness from him for my '40 coupe, it's well made & worked fine, no problems.Most of his products are priced  a little lower than the competition, his harnesses have convulted tubing covers instead of shrink wrap if that's an issue.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Beck

Larry is a personal friend of mine. We were going to street rod shows together long before he opened his shop, which is about 20 miles from me. He also does electrical work on late model stuff. I just had him repair my mother in laws power seat. He is one of my go-to guys when I have questions. He does a lot of local starter and alternator repairs.

All his wiring harnesses are made in house. None of his employees speak Spanish. If you call his shop either he or his main guy Brad will answer the phone. I won't guarantee there has never been a misplaced wire in one of his harnesses. I will guarantee he will make it right. He has 2 guys making harnesses daily.

Like many, his hobby became his job. Now he doesn't have time for his hobby. The shows we used to attend for fun he now works at. For relaxation now, you can occasionally find him far from home on a Harley.

ragdol

I put a TPI in my '63 Riviera using Larry's harness. It was plug & play. The only problems I had were due to the engine had been sitting for a long time, stuck injectors, & a vacuum leak. Neither problem related to the harness. Talked to Larry, he answered the phone every time I called, several times with my problems, He was more than helpful sorting them out even though they weren't his problems.