Wiper blades for wind screen. 2006 Silverado I bought new

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 04, 2015, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Talk about brands... Here in Aridzona the heat kills wiper blades.

The OEM blades lasted near 5 yrs on this truck.

Since then, the blades last about 1 yr or less usually.  Dry up, start squealing, skiping on the glass.

There has been 3 different wind screens in the truck since new. I doubt the glass is a problem.  I've never used the Rain X type products.

I've bought wiper blades from eBay , O'Reileys ,  Costco , Auto Zone... Anco , Delco & generic  type brands.  I have used inserts to whole blade  replacement...

I imagine there are only 2 or 3 company that build wiper blades any more
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I use Rain-X most of the time.  It was nice coming home from Chicago last night with a heavy mist, and not running the wipers...the water just rolled off.

I used to like Anco, but I'm not sure if they are made the same anymore.  I don't even remember what brand I have on the vehicles now.

Have you tried some from the Chevy dealer?  If the oem lasted five years...?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"

I've bought AC Delco brand a couple times.  Dealer offers same name, same box, same number on box for twice the price.  Maybe the blades are better?  I dont know.
Tony

enjenjo

I have no better luck here Tony, about once a year.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"

I've bought AC Delco brand a couple times.  Dealer offers same name, same box, same number on box for twice the price.  Maybe the blades are better?  I dont know.

Don't know if this will help you out.
 I saw some new (type) of GM blades at a dealer the other day.They look like the old style winter blades (with the "bags" I guess that cover the pivot points.)
 Don't know about cost or app.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have no better luck here Tony, about once a year.

Kinda a bummer. My truck sits inside a closed shop , out of the sun 90% of its life.

I noticed today the brand I bought from Costco is GoodYear. They did not have the correct length for the truck at Costco today.

may buy some Rain-x , give that a try.  Maybe soften the squeel & skipping  the wiper blades do.  LOL
Tony

wayne petty

Quote from: "Crosley"LOL

what happens when you order the 22" blades by GM part number..

GM Part Number: 15214346  BLADE instead of getting the delco versions..

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&partnumber=15214346

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-GENUINE-GM-22-Windshield-Wiper-Blade-CHEVROLET-GMC-GM-15214346-PAIR-/141226807195

and i promise my best not to make it rain mud on your truck anymore..

junkyardjeff

I can only get a year to year and a half out of the wiper blades before going bad here in Ohio.