A HUGE thanks to the Franks!

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, March 21, 2005, 12:10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

A HUGE public thanks to the Franks for offering and making me a replacement piece for one of my window trims pieces on Big Olds that was broke.  I showed them the broken piece and the good one on the other side, Enjenjo took some measurements and drew a picture and the next thing I knew FatCat was handing me a perfectly good new piece.

I don't know what I would have done had Frank not offered to make the piece for me.  Probley go the rest of my life without windows in Big Olds, and if you don't have windows there's no use having a top right?   Therefore I'd still be looking like a drowned rat at times cruzn around. :D

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate all you do for me and Big Olds.

Just incase anyone was wondering, Big Olds's bodywork, priming and sanding is now complete and color will be applied next weekend.  I have been told I will be allowed to spray the inside of the truck.  :wink:   Yes, thats correct, the inside of the truck, right where it will be covered with carpet in the future :shock:  therefore at the next RRT gathering you will find Big Olds truck open for all to see BEFORE he goes to the trim shop. :D
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Them Franks, aren't they something...nice piece of mill/drill practice, huh? Good on you guys.

I'm looking forward to seeing the inside of that trunk Denise. Hope you have beginners luch and it turns out run-free and shiny.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
I'm looking forward to seeing the inside of that trunk Denise. Hope you have beginners luck and it turns out run-free and shiny.

Charlie

I've been practicing Charlie.  I spent ALL day Saturday in Roadstar's paint booth spraying pieces.  So much so that I thought my arm was going to fall off it hurt so bad.  It was alot harder then I imagined....and yes, there are a few runs that I'll have to sand out of these pieces.  :roll:  :wink:   I'm so excited about this upcoming weekend I can't hardly concentrate here at work.  This is going to be one LONG week.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Charlie Chops 1940

Well, if you've been practicing then beginners luck is probably out of the question now. I know what you mean about the sore arm. I don't paint nearly as often as I used to so that's my complaint when I do. Try to pay attention at work and good luck.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat46

Man, i guess i gotta learn how to bake cookies!!!!  :D  :D  :D
 Good job guys!

Did you forget you're a GURL??  :) Gurls aren't supposed to paint cars,silly! Just kidding.....Can you pound nails????? :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Roadstar

Nice job on the part Frank.

Guess I won't have any excuse now when she asks for help installing the windows :P

You guys should have seen her in the Spray booth. Looked like she had been painting for years. The parts were pitted real bad, they are gonna need to be sanded and reprimed for sure. But she will be up to the task.

MAybe I'll have to trick her into cleaning the booth real good. I'll tell her it;s nessasary on the final coat of primer :wink:

Anybody find out what color Big Olds is gonna be yet!!!!!!