EFI fuel line replacement

Started by junkyardjeff, December 15, 2014, 09:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

25 winters has taken its toll on my 89 crown vic and the fuel line from the filter to the motor will be my next project,I can use a compression fitting like used on brake lines close to the motor but are there any clamps made to handle higher pressures to use at the filter end.

unklian

There are "proper" EFI hose clamps:
https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1024&bih=642&q=efi+hose+clamps&oq=efi+hose+clamps&gs_l=img.3..0.1435.4678.0.5030.15.7.0.8.8.0.168.874.0j7.7.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.60.img..0.15.900.y7s90MClWm0

I did a Crown Vic, used EFI hose,
and double regular hose clamps on both ends.
Not ideal, but it worked.

Just don't use imported hose clamps,
they can come loose when you don't want them to.

junkyardjeff

I have no idea on how I am going to fix the fuel line since it has a special fitting and small length of hose before  the fuel filter and was going to splice it near the engine compartment where it still good,it is crusty along the whole length of the frame rail.

tomslik

napa sells/sold repair ends at one time...........................................................................................................................................................................please be careful and at least disconnect the bat

they ain't calling me "fireball" for nothing....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

unklian

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I have no idea on how I am going to fix the fuel line since it has a special fitting and small length of hose before  the fuel filter and was going to splice it near the engine compartment where it still good,it is crusty along the whole length of the frame rail.

On the one I did, there were 3 lines, run along the driver's side frame rail.
I replaced the middle of all 3.