Reality TV Fail

Started by jaybee, November 30, 2014, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochie

We just found out that a local builder is going to be on Vegas Rat Rods in the upcoming season.  Grant Schwartz, (Schwartz Fabrication) is an extremely talented builder with an eye for detail.  His welds are perfect and function follows form. Anything I have seen in his shop from bikes to antiques to hot rods have all turned out wonderfully.
I have watched VRR a couple of times and am wondering just how he will fit in with the crap they present.  I'll be watching to find out.
Wayne

348tripower

I met Chip Foose at the Detroit Autorama. I think he is one of the nicest car guys I have ever met and very talented. TV has a way of changing the good to the bad. I agree with all the comments here. Still trying to see the value in Martha and Ash at the auction. The producers should portray these builders as they are, not as how they want them. Spend less time with the junk buyers. Makes me think enjenjo and i could get a show and fight about stuff. :lol: The other talent I see out there is Dave Kindig. He has a very interesting view on his designs. Oh well back to the regular scheduled programing!
POP CORN :shock:
Don Colliau

Crosley.In.AZ

TV watching gets in the way of my Facebook time.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

QuoteMakes me think enjenjo and i could get a show and fight about stuff

At least I can be the good looking one. :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

You can watch all the reality shows with the volume turned down because they all follow the same format. You have the boss who is stressed out on possibly not making the deadline,the goofy character that makes all the mistakes,things going wrong and....,and...., and....but somehow it all works out at the end. :roll:
Reality TV is really cheap to make and to make it worse a lot of them rate highly so I think they will be around for sometime yet until someone comes up with a new idea then we will be flooded with that.
I would rather be out in my shed with my own reality which to be honest gets played out the same as on TV but I'm all the characters in one. :lol:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"TV watching gets in the way of my Facebook time.

yeh, maybe, but I'm home now :D
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Charlie Chops 1940

I thought the Velocity channel on Direct TV was gonna get it done but after a year and a half they are starting to fail on a lot of their stuff. The network needs to insist that the producers get technical stuff correct.

I caught a little of some show recently where the "buyers" were in Argentina and visited a shop that built continuation replicas of early Bugatti cars. The cars appear to be dead on right down to the DOHC straight eight engine which one of the hacks kept referring to as the "inline V8"...not just once but a number of times.

I watch very little TV as it is and here comes a channel that claims to be all car stuff and they had a prize fight on one night Sci-Fi has wrestling, ESPN has poker, Top Gear has sci-fi....it's a wasteland.

My most unproductive wasted time in the garage is time better spent.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"TV watching gets in the way of my Facebook time.

yeh, maybe, but I'm home now :D

glad you are home.  I still dont know how your incident happened.   Some day fill me in , if you are up to it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)