Brake specs

Started by jaybee, December 07, 2014, 04:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

I've Googled every way I can think and just come up with a result that gets me what I want. Does anyone know a source for technical specs on brake parts?

Specifically what I'm looking for are piston diameter of late model Silverado 1500 front and '95-'01 Explorer rear calipers.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

look at the caliper kit info.. as that usually has the sizes...
sometimes you can also find that info when looking for replacement pistons..

by the way.. i did some research.. most cars with 4 wheel disc brakes have 2/3s verses 1/3 as brake bias of piston bore size..

if you can narrow down a year and model.. for the GM...

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ...V8 - 6.0L vin U 364ci 5967cc - MFI...
Disc Brake Caliper Piston Front Diameter (In): 2.240 Inch also a dual piston caliper.

Disc Brake Caliper Piston Rear Diameter (In): 2 Inch

2000 ford explorer rear caliper     1 7/8" Diameter bore rear with a 46mm front bore but the fronts are DUAL Piston calipers..

enjenjo

See if your local parts store can get you a brake parts catalog. Bendix, Wagner or NAPA all list the sizes of calipers, wheel cylinders, and master cylinders.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Jay Bee .......

Try this site .....It take some extended button pushing & "click here" stuff
( Look under "Attributes" .....)
but it seems they have all the technical stuff on line ....   :shock:  

Who wooda thunk     :?:    :roll:

http://www.showmetheparts.com/bendixbrakes/

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

Quote from: "jaybee"I've Googled every way I can think and just come up with a result that gets me what I want. Does anyone know a source for technical specs on brake parts?

Specifically what I'm looking for are piston diameter of late model Silverado 1500 front and '95-'01 Explorer rear calipers.

I am not trying to be a smarta**..maybe try just phoning one of the huge brake part manufacturers.
 I needed some brake info too that was not going to be easy to get..
What the heck..I thought why not just pick up the phone call their toll free#.
 Maybe I was just lucky but they transferred my call several times and I got ALL the info I could possibly need or want or have time to write down. :D
  I was completely blown away by this customer service.
  Mind you this was years ago..I think it was either Wagner or Bendix.

jaybee

Many thanks to all, and nope, I accuse no one of being smarta**...information is where you find it and everything here is something I hadn't thought of.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)