I admit I can't do this

Started by jaybee, November 19, 2014, 07:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

Then again only a handful of people can. Oh. My. God.  
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

Pretty neat .... 8)   Looks like a normal Chicago morning commute...'Cept of course he's not texting ..... :shock:    I wonder what he runs out of first...Fuel or Tires  :?:  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Wow! what a car!...and what a driver!....so close to all sorts of bad stuff without a hitch.  I'll bet Steve McQueen would have liked to drive that Mustang.

He's got to have compromising pictures of people in high places to have so much of Los Angeles available to play in.

Thanks Jaybee.  That woke me right up.
George

chimp koose

Did you notice the 4 cop cars following the white bronco at low speed with lights flashing.Amazing driving but I doubt it was done on one set of tires.

348tripower

Quote from: "chimp koose"Did you notice the 4 cop cars following the white bronco at low speed with lights flashing.Amazing driving but I doubt it was done on one set of tires.

If you look close there were tire tracks already down in a lot of the scenes. Probably done in many takes.
Don Colliau

34ford

Go to the link below and there are pictures of the shoot. The main picture has a link in the lower right hand corner that says view all 64 photo's. Shows trucks full of  tires and other interesting photo's.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/official-ken-block-gymkhana-7-video/?adbid=10152388698847540&adbpl=fb&adbpr=13601527539&sm_id=social_aumohotrodsshub_default_20141118_35800027

jaybee

I suspect drifters spend more money on tires and rear brakes than everything else put together.

wayne petty

weird.. thing.. that was all recorded only a few miles from where i live and i have been down most of those streets..

i cannot imaging all the LAPD or Private security that were there blocking traffic was just itching to go chase that guy..   now that the video is out.. other people in la will be attempting those moves during high speed chases..

i don't think they will win at the reverse slide drift ..  only AUDI quattros and a few porsches are able to perform that with 4wheel drive. .

Crosley.In.AZ

one some item I noticed, the vid says only all wheel drive Mustang around.

Ford built a 4 wheel drive Mustang back in the 60's...  Not nearly as neat, powerful, low to the ground as this modern car is
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

Quote from: "Crosley"one some item I noticed, the vid says only all wheel drive Mustang around.

Ford built a 4 wheel drive Mustang back in the 60's...  Not nearly as neat, powerful, low to the ground as this modern car is

I notice that also.
I posted something on the 1965 AWD Mustang a while back.
http://www.streetrodtech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13075&sid=6175a935b452bf4257ba7a4a15dcac0e
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

jaybee

Hey, that's very cool! In years back Detroit experimented with a lot of things which were just a little ahead of their time.

purplepickup

The trouble with youtube is that I start clicking on related videos and spend way too much time watching them.
Did you see the spoof of the Ken Block style video?
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"The trouble with youtube is that I start clicking on related videos and spend way too much time watching them.
Did you see the spoof of the Ken Block style video?

yuuuuuup!  then the vids with fast cars with girls that have large * flopping around
Tony

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"
... then the vids with fast cars with girls that have large * flopping around
Oh, there's fast cars in those?
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "Crosley"
... then the vids with fast cars with girls that have large * flopping around
Oh, there's fast cars in those?

yes...  about 15 views into each vid, you can see the car interior a little. I think some may have sound too, not sure yet.
Tony