Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

That is a NICE truck ...... );b(

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

idrivejunk

Hey... I worked on that!   8)  Heres the pic '34 found-

So they made it safely ... I did wonder. Thanks for the peek, again I'm just proud to have been a part of the project. Looks like its in good company. I did hear Gary say it would probably be outside. We weren't able to get the whole thing 100% perfect before the show of course, but I was pleased with the striking overall appearance. Hopefully the bodywork comes across as sufficient quality among the Vegas crowd, in person. Rounded things are the toughest.  

I should mention that most of the thoughtful work is hidden. Like door hinges and latches. Dual 6 volt Optimas laid on the side in the enclosed area under the seat. Audio head in the glovebox. Reverse-mounted alternator. Altered headers and scratch-built exhaust, all coated. Plumbing inside the right rail.

And of course a couple of my favorites- The center board of the bed floor flips up with a fob button to reveal the gas cap, and the steering / brake assist unit is located behind a cover and tucked into a corner of the frame, with the fill cap under the seat. Theres more to the truck than meets a casual eye, thats for sure. Even things that meet the eye slip past. See that oval HACK Shack emblem? Thats mounted to a fabbed intercooler tank, tucked into the recessed firewall. Oh and that black air intake pipe? Fabbed.

What I did- Straightened sheetmetal plus fill, prime, and block. Made it all fit (those four words are a mouthful, believe me!). Bed and gate are new. I did the roll pan mods, and the unitized inner and outer fenders were my idea. Beyond that, all I did put-together-wise was to build the doors.

The owner's name eludes me at the moment, never knew the last name anyhow. But his idea certainly is beautiful. By anybody's standards, those pre-war Fords have an organic shape that is quite appealing in shiny form. I concur with the vast majority of choices made mechanically for the build (but I never like anybody's wheels), and the color picks are just right. I dig the vibe, for a lack of better words.

Here are some more pics I snapped the other day just before they loaded up, it was still a little dusty then. I ought to find some of the bodiless chassis to post ... if you guys wanna see that, I can dig em up.

Matt

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Rrumbler

Quote from: "rumrumm"Nice truck!!

Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!!!
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

butch27

idrivejunk

Thanks, gents! I found the '41 in another article, at the link below. Pics #6 and 7. She is in good company.

http://www.hotrod.com/features/1411-classic-trucks-at-sema/
Matt