39 Ford headlights in other cars

Started by trackster, July 14, 2014, 03:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trackster

Has any one put '39 Ford headlights in some other car?    If so, pictures would be appreciated.   I'm contemplating this and wondered how much trouble it would be.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Charlie Chops 1940

I've seen a number of cars with 37/38 & 39 standard headlights and the sheet metal surrounding the bucket. It's a matter of correctly trimming the donor sheet metal and fitting it to the new car.

I haven't seen 39 deluxe and 40's as the shape of the fender is crucial to how the bucket fits. If you look at the donor cars in this case you will see that the light is virtually flush whereas the earlier light stands off the surface.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Mac

Late to the party as usual but here's a custom 37-8-9 headlight treatment and a photoshopping of how they might look on my Jag Sedan project. I've since gone a different way.
Who\'s yer Data?

enjenjo

Rather than cut up 39 fenders, the mounting flange is easy to make with a hammer form.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

I went to a show over the weekend & saw a '36 Ford with these lights just to the inside of the centerline of the front fenders , ( Directly below where the stock headlights were) , It looked factory & completely changed the front of the car ... 8)        Of course the camera was at home on the desk ...
( Mrs. Ugly let me go out & play by myself... :shock:  )

I will try to locate a photo in the event coverage ....

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

GPster

Just looking at my last (this time) Rod and Custom and I noticed an ad for   "Juliano's Hot Rod Parts" www.julianos.com  and they showed what looked to me like '39 Ford headlights. The back of Rod and Custom always seemed to have ads for companies that didn't advertise in the larger magazines so maybe they have gone un-noticed.  Maybe there internet site has some pictures. GPster

Mac

Yeah, Juliano's has offered their 37 headlight knockoff for some time. It's complete with bucket, bulb and a clear (no flutes) acrylic lense.
Who\'s yer Data?

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

trackster

I like the look on some of the pics I've seen.   I'm going to play around in photoshop  and try to get a better feel for what it will look like.  Thanks.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

Charlie Chops 1940

I've had '37 steel fender chunks and all new light parts for at least 10 years to do it to my '40 Chevy but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Flipper

It has crossed my mind

IMG_4769 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Now that I have switched to Fargo big truck front sheetmetal...not sure about the Ford headlights.  Can the ford logos be sanded off?

IMG_6838 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr