Morris Minor goes for a ride again

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 05, 2004, 12:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

My 61 Morris has sit for about year with no rear brakes. The rear wheel cylinders were shot!  It took me that long to decide to get the parts sent up from Australia.  I emailed Peter Row & a little over 2 weeks later I have the Morris on the road again.

I took the Morris for a drive and run the P out of it.  I chased a late model VW beetle with the Morris.

The beetle pulled me a couple of car lengths in first gear, I got a bit of rubber ( or the fan belt squeeled) in 2nd gear .  At the top end of 2nd the Beetle had about 10 car lengths on me.  I reeled the beetle in when he had to stop for a traffic sign.  :lol:

I am real happy to have the Morris on it's feet again. Now I need to address the black replacement panel on the front, mayb a front bumper & grill  too.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

You're sick Tony, but of course you knew that  :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

QuoteNow I need to address the black replacement panel on the front, mayb a front bumper & grill  too

I will be spraying some more paint in the morning bring it by the house, it will definitely stand out more :lol:

PeterR

QuoteI took the Morris for a drive and run the P out of it. I chased a late model VW beetle with the Morris.

Now listen here boys and girls.    See what happens to your brain when you sniff transmission cleaner.

sal37

Good on you Tony.  Morris Minors are great little cars.  Way back I had an early 70's MM van that I thought was great - balanced 1100cc of 4 cylinder power with wide tires on the back and a patchwork of different colors for paint - i'd love to have it now, it was fun.  In my own mind I could beat anyone off the line at the lights!!!

Steve

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"You're sick Tony, but of course you knew that  :D

====== that has never been upheld in a court of law where 2 or 3 appeals did not overturn it......
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)