Rod & Custom

Started by bucketmouth, May 29, 2014, 08:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"I sent an email to both publisher and editor and they didn't have the courtesy to  answer.

is there anyone EMPLOYED as editor and publisher anymore?
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

R & C mag is a bit different profile  than Street Rodder mag.  Mayb this will make Street Rodder mag worth a chit again?  in my opinion

I dropped all mag subscriptions years ago.  Simply did not read enough of them to be of any value to me
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "phat rat"I sent an email to both publisher and editor and they didn't have the courtesy to  answer.

is there anyone EMPLOYED as editor and publisher anymore?

I got a message when I emailed subscription dept. But it was like a recording and just stated they were no longer doing business
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat rat

I just got this reply

RE: TEN: Contact Form - Website Feedback

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:10 AM

Mark as Unread

Flag this message

From: "PlegerKevin" <KPleger@enthusiastnetwork.com>To: "jparker41" <jparker41>
Full Headers Printable View

Hello Mr. Parker,

Rod & Custom has been discontinued with the October 2014 issue. The good news is that in Rod & Custom's place, you will receive Street Rodder Magazine, for the total remaining copies on your subscription.                                                                                                                         STREET RODDER is an authoritative source for how-to's and technical information, event coverage, the latest features and emerging trends all devoted to the world of street rodding. In addition, the magazine offers a variety of how-to and technical articles for the street rod and classics enthusiast, as well as some historical perspectives. It's everything a rodder could want, all in one monthly magazine. Each issue is packed with how-to's, national events coverage, special feature articles on rodders and classics, and more.

Regards,

Kevin Pleger

Fulfillment & Print Order Coordinator, Fulfillment Operations

P: (239)444-8138

27500 Riverview Center Boulevard

Bonita Springs, FL 34134

EnthusiastNetwork.com

Description: The Enthusiast Network

Date: Friday, June 13, 2014 5:35 AM
To: Source Interlink <RPayne@enthusiastnetwork.com>, "Classen, Benjamin" <BClassen@enthusiastnetwork.com>, "Tong, Ti" <TTong@enthusiastnetwork.com>, "Hale, Charles" <CHale@enthusiastnetwork.com>, "John, Stuart" <SJohn@enthusiastnetwork.com>
Subject: TEN: Contact Form - Website Feedback

TEN: Contact Form - Website Feedback

Sir: I'm inquiring as to your plan regarding my subscription to Rod & Custom. My subscription runs to June 2019. I'm appalled at you blatant disregard for your subscribers. It seems that integrity would dictate that you notified subscribers of your intention on rectifying the unfulfilled portions of their subscriptions.

river1

you are right they should have been more proactive to the subscribers but customer service is lacking in most companies these days.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

Very plainly speaking. For the most part customer service is unheard of nowadays. Even plainer IT SUCKS

unklian

Quote from: "river1"you are right they should have been more proactive to the subscribers but customer service is lacking in most companies these days.

later jim

They only care about advertisers.
Which is how they got in trouble.

Carnut

Well it is a sad thing when it happens. but it's not as if it hasn't happened before. R&C got combined with HotRod back in June 74. Same thing happened the R&C subs got transferred to HotRod. Just a lot more online social discussion of the event now a days. Peterson Pub went thru a down sizing with several of my magazines 'back in the day' like 'Sports Car Graphic'

UGLY OLDS

I sent an E-Mail yesterday using the address kindly supplied in Jacks post & received an answer today that they will use my remaining R&C subscription to extend my subscription to Hot Rod ..  Hot Rod is not what it used to be but the cars are changing too...  I was surprised they responded so quickly & the e-mail was VERY professional .. Nothing nasty ....

All I had to do was ask ..... :idea:

Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Ha. I let HRM drop after about twenty years. Kept Car Craft and I bet if it goes away too, I'll get that same offer because I'm paid up until '17 (thanks to telemarketers selling for under a buck an issue).

Carnut, that cover gave me a flashback. Same style as my first scrip issue, Aug '79 to Rose Hill, KS.

What will we all do with our old mag collections? Hmm. Maybe spreading them around assisted living facilities would be noble? Aging enthusiasts ought to have mag stash meets periodically, so everybody can read about how we got here and the times we've had.
Matt

39deluxe

Print media is slowly fading away. Most of the tech articles and features are on the magazine's web sites so it really isn't necessary to subscribe. I'm surprised that they do this. It has to be killing subscriptions.

I just like to sit down with the magazine in my hands and read. Much more satisfying then sitting in front of the computer. What will I stack all over my office once they are gone?

Tom

sirstude

On the old magazine front.  I work in a hospital that has a Cancer center in it.   People tend to be there for long periods, and I bring most of my old magazines there for reading.  

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Carps

Dissapointed, but the world wont end and we'll all keep on doing what we love with old cars. Fact is, it'll save me some bux.

I didn't renew Street Rodder this year, coz R&C and others gave me what I craved. I'll watch SRM to see if they integrate all of what' was in R&C, figure it shouldn't be a problem since most advertisers are the same and the editorial pages of R&C few.

On the other hand, just got the latest Hot Rod (I have a complete set, so can't cancel my sub) and it's one of the best they've produced in years.

Let's hope they don't kill off Hot Rod Deluxe, there's surely enough material in the archives to keep that one going until the end of time.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.