Tie rod taper question

Started by chimp koose, May 20, 2014, 12:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

read the reviews and the Q&A supposed to handle stainless so should be ok. I already ordered it. Thanks guys.6-10 days and I will be able to finish my steering arms.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"read the reviews and the Q&A supposed to handle stainless so should be ok. I already ordered it. Thanks guys.6-10 days and I will be able to finish my steering arms.

Just to ease your mind, I have the speedway reamers, and have done a ton of holes with no damage to the reamer. Use plenty of lube.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Thanks enjenjo , I will be able to set this up in my big drill press or else in the mill. While you mentioned cutting fluid I have to recommend a product I started using this year in my shop.
Hangsterfer's SuperAllTap . I am truly impressed with the stuff,very high viscosity,will stick to an end mill literally for hours of use. I use it when knurling and it works awesome. I used to go through 10 or more gallons of thread cutting oil per school year in my machine shop. This year I used 3 gallons of thread cutting oil and 3 8OZ bottles of the AllTap. The 8OZ allTap is half the cost of threading oil.Saved close to $200 in materials this year with the stuff.I bought it on a salesman's recommendation when I was looking to buy A9 for aluminum.

chimp koose

Oh yeah for any of you who might not know, NEVER turn a reamer backwards.