Re-into

Started by sport., February 08, 2014, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sport.

Hey there, I used to frequent the board quite often , sorta drifted away due to some life changes.. Anyways years back I was stock car racing and a board member on here (Bob Paulin ) was helping me through some chassis stuff.  I have always been into hot rods and I am a body man and welder fitter by trade, Anyways my stock car racing days are long behind me, my partner (Paul) in the stockcar committed suicide in Aug, 2010, So I haven't had any desire to go back racing,Sold it all  and split the money with his family. Then a divorce soon followed that. Now that chapter in my life is closed.
 So with all that behind me , I am back to building cars again, I have built 11 model A's over the years and  tri five chevys' and all kinds of fun stuff..  I just picked up a 29 ford truck cab, I also re-acquired my old 63 ford galaxie fastback back that I lost in my divorce in 2010 ..  So hopefully I can hang around here a little more and join in the fun again   I still see alot of familiar name on here, that's great to see ! Thanks  

Chad
(sport)

phat46

I remember you, welcome back!

purplepickup

Welcome back sport!  Hehe, sort of sounds like something the Great Gatsby would say.

Looking forward to hearing about things you're doing. :D
George

sport.

Quote from: "purplepickup"Welcome back sport!  Hehe, sort of sounds like something the Great Gatsby would say.

Looking forward to hearing about things you're doing. :D

Hey George, we chatted years back! I had a 29 chevy sport coupe, back then, Hence the name "sport"  hahah...  Unfortunately I lost the coupe in the divorce too LOL   Oh well what are ya gonna do

UGLY OLDS

Welcome back Sport ...  8)

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Welcome. I have a history with 63 fastbacks. Be waiting to see what you're doing.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

Yeah welcome back and I can say I've been to hell and back and life has never been better.
And at 36 ya still got a lot of good livin to do.
Some photos of your projects would be good too 8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sport.

Thanks for the welcome back I will get some pics,  when the dam snow goes away lol  The storage shed they are in is buried right to the roof almost,  

The 63 Galaxie project has a history with me , I had it brought up to Ontario Canada from Alabama in 2000, My wife then (now EX) got into some money trouble, so I sold the car and bailed her out. A year or so later ( 2002 ish) I go and beg the guy I sold it to , to sell it back to me, he agreed and I bought it back , the car sat for 6 or 7 years in dry storage due to racing and stuff . So anyways, I go through a nasty divorce and I lose the car again in the divorce in 2009..So fast forward to sept 2013, I see an ad for a 63 galaxie with no pics posted, So anyways I go and look at the car and I'll be damned it was my galaxie. So to make a long story short I bought the car on the spot for less than I had originally paid for the car. When the guy handed me the ownership it was still in my name too LOL..The car has went through a bunch of owners and nobody changed the ownership out of my name   lol

Needless to say the previous owners didn't look after her very well, The front suspension is all hacked and cut up the rear springs are sagged, the interior is shredded, But the body is mint mint mint still.. So Not sure what I am gonna do with the front suspension as of yet, Probably looking at another clip graft onto it ...We will see, she isnt getting away this time though

jaybee

Good to see you sport, and I can't wait to see what you're up to next.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)