GNRS Tragedy

Started by bucketmouth, January 22, 2014, 08:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucketmouth

I've just woken up to this.It's not good for all concerned.I hope the judge has a quick recovery(Vick Eddelbrock?)

http://blogs.hotrod.com/tragedy-104161.html#axzz2r9tW5Nbe
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

jaybee

Glad no one was killed. What a heartbreaker for the owner.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

what I read;  it was not Vic Edelbrock that was run over.  Hope the fellow recovers quick from injuries
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

Quote from: "bucketmouth"(Vick Eddelbrock?)

From FB: GNRS judging chairman Vic Cunnyngham.

rumrumm

Oh, man. That is sickening.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

34ford

If you click on the bottom picture and wait for it to open up in another window, then click on the bottom of that image where it says FULL IMAGE ,you can see Vic Cunnyngham laying on the floor and notice the driver is still in the car. Vic can be seen in some of the judging pictures on the Hot Rod page.

1800guy

Sad & disappointing - it seems that many of the people commenting are more concerned about the car than about the person injured.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

river1

Quote from: "1800guy"Sad & disappointing - it seems that many of the people commenting are more concerned about the car than about the person injured.

I think those people are commenting without reading anything, just looking at the picture. It seems to be happening more and more these days.

Maybe the internet is shortening everyones attention span

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

34ford

Vic Cunnyngham, the roadster judging coordinator who was injured in a freak accident during the judging of the roadsters at the 2014 Grand National Roadster Show Wednesday afternoon, is going to be alright. Vic sustained two broken ribs, six staples in his head, and numerous scrapes and minor injuries to his left arm and leg, according to a Tweet from his wife last night. He is expected to be released from a LA-area hospital today according to GNRS promoter John Buck. We can't tell you how many hundreds, maybe thousands, of people have contacted HOT ROD through social media, at our offices, and in person to express their concerns for Vic and hopes for rapid recovery, which we share.

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/update-grand-national-roadster-show-104979.html#ixzz2rQCOJpfj

GPster

Quote from: "1800guy"Sad & disappointing - it seems that many of the people commenting are more concerned about the car than about the person injured.
I subscribe to Rodder's Journal and I keep getting their "updates" in the Email. They announced that they would have a booth their last week (and you could buy their "T" shirts, hats and re-printed books etc.). Got an up-date from them this morning. Nothing said about the accident. They pictured the phaeton that was the winner, a few other cars. So Cals display with two reproduction deuces and half a page of their shirts, hats, books and no mention of the accident or the judge's condition. I'm dismayed that they are one more periodical that is right on top of their situation. I'm surprised that nobody has seemed fit to print how badly the car was hurt and how it lost it's chance at a trophy. GPster

phat rat

Sorry Joe but I think that the car being out of contention for a trophy is minor compared to the judge being badly injured. From what I've read it being dismissed as an unfortunate accident. From what I understand if the builder/owner had been paying attention and put things together correctly it wouldn't have happened
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

I'm sure GNRS doesn't want to help this go viral...more than it already is.  It is obvious that potentially deadly mistakes were made.  Most "accidents" are preventable.
George

chimp koose

We had a similar throttle sticking situation here a few years ago. Drivers foot stuck between pedals on freshly built T bucket.He went into a chain link fence at full throttle. Died later from his injuries. That summer at our cruise night police were pulling modified cars over and giving full inspections. Participation at the next years event was affected.

unklian

One year at Lead East, a car started up in gear.

Smashed into a couple other nice cars.
Luckily nobody was injured.