On the road again....

Started by purplepickup, September 01, 2004, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I still haven't unpacked from Bonneville (but maybe I should wash some underwear :? ).  Last weekend I drove down to Macon, Georgia and picked up the Rambler.  That was the TRIP FROM H-E-L-L.....but that's too long of a story to get into. This time I'm headed to the NHRA US Nationals at Indy to relax, sip a few beers, and watch some awesome drag racing.  A couple friends and I have been going for years.  We camp for 5 or 6 days in the campground across the street with a few thousand of our rowdy friends where most anything can, and probably will, happen.  Almost every kind of pit vehicle or campsite imaginable will be there.  I'll have to post a picture of the pop-up camper I made last night.  :shock:  

We have seats right behind the starting line close enough to spit on the track (if you can spit 20 ft).   All in all the whole experience is not for the faint of heart but way worth it.  Again, I have to refer to Faat Rod's tag line.

To everyone I promised CD's of the Bonneville trip pictures, I'll get to it, but I haven't had time to sort thru them yet.  From what I've seen there are a few pretty good ones.  NSRA Nats North in Kalamazoo (hometown show) is the weekend after this so when that is over there should be time to regroup.
George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Who needs panties anyway when your at a car event....... the guys might laugh at you. :oops:

Have a great time and I'll see you at the Zoo next weekend. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"I still haven't unpacked from Bonneville

George, did you freakin' retire or what!?!?   :shock:
See ya at the 'Zoo...

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"I still haven't unpacked from Bonneville (but maybe I should wash some underwear :?

You still wear underwear at your age. I gave it up years ago and it has made things so much easier. :) Just think in a few more years it will be back to diapers!

Quote from: "purplepickup"That was the TRIP FROM H-E-L-L.....but that's too long of a story to get into.

Well I expect full details whe you get back then!

WZ JUNK

So,what have you been doing in your spare time?

I think I could have beat you on the strip, even if you changed those rear end gears.  I have keen reflexes on the lights and a heavy foot on the pedal.  HA HA    Have fun.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"Last weekend I drove down to Macon, Georgia and picked up the Rambler.  That was the TRIP FROM H-E-L-L.....but that's too long of a story to get into.

this from the man who just bought a rambler :shock:

get the keys off the table, put fresh gas in and tell us all about it. then we can laugh with/at you. we can wait till you put some panties on tho.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

nomobux

* Purple, you're havin all the fun. Only thing 'round here is the Hot Rod drags at Pacific Raceways ( old SIR ) in Kent WA. Best I can hope for are some A/Gas Supercharged Coupes. Oh well, my heart will be in Indy. Gotta set up the DVR for sure. Have fun !!
:b-d:  \" I GOTTS NOMOBUX \" :b-d:

Ohio Blue Tip

You're having way to much fun for a man that still works!  By the time you retire, you will have done it all!  Ya, I'm envious, but just wait 1 year, 11 months and 27 days and I'll join ya on the road.  I'll try to male some CD's by ZOO.
Later.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken