The Clip is in the 48 !!!!

Started by 348tripower, September 03, 2004, 05:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

Here are a couple of progress pictures  :lol: I have a 1998 S10 clip welded in. I still have to box the inside of the frame. It ended up that I was able to pilot the subframe into the 48 frame about 3 inches. It is probably as strong as the original right now, but it wont hurt to add boxing plates. I had to remove the original core support and cut off the frame horns on the S10 to get the sheet metal back in the proper position. I will make a new core support later. It has lowered the truck to 7 inches from the ground. I have the A arms set at ride height by using 5/8 threaded rod replacing the shocks and pulling them into a parallel position. :D
Don Colliau

beatnik

That looks good, ride hight on the front is just right.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

alchevy

So, you just used the clip from the S-10. I've heard of several folks using the whole S-10 frame under cars and pickups. One was on a '37 Ford Coupe and the other was on a '47 International Pickup.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dirk35

Looks good Don. Good Track width too.

1FATGMC

That looks good.  Do we get to see any frame pictures without the sheetmetal?

c ya, Sum

348tripower

The frame on this truck is perfect. I didn't want to have to make mounts for the body and box. Now just have to modify the core support and put a cross bar under it to secure the front sheet metal. The original frame had two bolts thru the core support. Really simple. :roll: I don't know bout a bumper. I may put it back on. It will give the truck the apperance that it is lower still.

Quote from: "40chevy"So, you just used the clip from the S-10. I've heard of several folks using the whole S-10 frame under cars and pickups. One was on a '37 Ford Coupe and the other was on a '47 International Pickup.
Don Colliau

alchevy

One thing is for sure...it's got attitude!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

1FATGMC

BTW I like the paint job (I'm serious).  I'd fix the headlight and drive it, drive it, drive it.

c ya, Sum

348tripower

I have some pictures of the frame I will post later. Thanks for all the thumbs up. Sum, that is the plan! When I called on it, I asked if it said Crown Auto Body on both doors. That was a major selling point.  Nice wheels, nice interior, 355 Chevy motor and drive the he#l out of it. Anybody got any ideas on a late model seat. I would like some kind of 60/40 for this. Nothing with too high of backs.

Quote from: "1FATGMC"BTW I like the paint job (I'm serious).  I'd fix the headlight and drive it, drive it, drive it.

c ya, Sum
Don Colliau

phat46

Looks great, and sits perfect too....(BTW, GO BLUE!!!)

47wood

Good work, I like the stance ...and it's a "go anywhere truck" just like it is.  I'd drive it awahile.    :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Fuzzy

I used an S-10 sub in the 50 Coronet I'm building.We cut the Dodge under the front seat area and slid the S-10 frame section into the 50 and used a come-along to pull it in until the wheelbase was correct.Haven't hung any sheetmetal on it yet.I still have to finish rebuilding the floor on the driver's side,then the body can be set on the frame.I saw another 50 with an S-10 sub at Marshall last year and it sat rather high.I might have to go with dropped spindles.Your truck sits just right.If you go to K-zoo next week,bring the pix with you.
                                                   Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

348tripower

I'll be there and here are some constructions pics. :wink:

Quote from: "Fuzzy"I used an S-10 sub in the 50 Coronet I'm building.We cut the Dodge under the front seat area and slid the S-10 frame section into the 50 and used a come-along to pull it in until the wheelbase was correct.Haven't hung any sheetmetal on it yet.I still have to finish rebuilding the floor on the driver's side,then the body can be set on the frame.I saw another 50 with an S-10 sub at Marshall last year and it sat rather high.I might have to go with dropped spindles.Your truck sits just right.If you go to K-zoo next week,bring the pix with you.
                                                   Fuzzy
Don Colliau

Fuzzy

Thanks for the pix,I'll try to locate you at the RRT "Hospitality Suite" at the fairgrounds.I'll bring my pix with me. 8) Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!