61-67 Econoline Disc Brakes

Started by Carnut, February 27, 2007, 06:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Anyone need Disc Brakes for a 61-67 Econoline? Click on the pic for info.

rooster

Thats some good info in there, I wonder how many other Fords this applys to? Would make a good TECH link!!!!!!!! :D  Thanks for the info.

Cword

Thanks George

I forwarded that on to my brother, he just acquired a drop axle for his econoline pick up and his next step is brakes.

mike
--

chimp koose

Does this mod add to the track width? If so how much ?I am trying to figure out if a set of rims I am interested in will have the right offset. I can measure hub to hub but will have to add more width for the rotors than the drums.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"Does this mod add to the track width? If so how much ?I am trying to figure out if a set of rims I am interested in will have the right offset. I can measure hub to hub but will have to add more width for the rotors than the drums.

yes... the width of the rotor makes the track width that much wider than the drum thickness.

I can measure a rotor if that is needed.   I have this setup for Econoline brakes sitting in my shop
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Crosley.In.AZ

my rotors were a Dodge Intrepid FWD vehicle 1997 year...  at the hub center they measure .248 thick
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Thanks ,now if I could just find out the width of a fendered model T I'll be set.

t-vicky

Thanks George for posting that.  That is my 65 econoline PU that I put those on years ago.  I changed the rotors last month because one was warped.  I found that there are different brands of rotors. Check them when you buy them.  Where the hub sits in the rotor some rotors are not machined all the way to the bottom. It leaves about a 1/8 angle lip that keeps the hub from seating all the way in. When you tighten the lugs it warps the rotor.
 My 26 Ford vicky has econoline spindles from a 61 model.  I put this setup on it last week & had to sand an 1/8 inch off the inter brake shoe to get it to clear.???

chimp koose

T vicky what caliper are you using for that swap?

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"Thanks ,now if I could just find out the width of a fendered model T I'll be set.

What particular width do you need?
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

Thanks river 1 ,I already got the numbers I need for the T width.

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

t-vicky

Quote from: chimp kooseT vicky what caliper are you using for that swap?
Am using the 97 Dodge Intrepid rotor with 76 nova calipers.

chimp koose

Thanks for the info T vicky.I suppose a person could make any caliper/rotor combo work if they wanted to,just dont feel like reinventing the wheel. I have a new in box 70's GM van master cyl. kicking around that should be compatible with those calipers too.