Narrow control arms Camaro sub

Started by sirstude, September 28, 2013, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I think both Heidts and Fat Man have narrow control arms for Camaro subs.  Anyone had any experience with using them, like how much narrower, and anyone else build them.  Might have a chance to pick up a rig that had the Camaro treatment and it is too wide, don't really want to cut the front end off and start over.  This would be a budget deal if it happens.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Budget, huh? Heidt's and Fatman both narrow it one inch per side, not much for $800 dollars.

What I have done in the past is use C4 Corvette wheels, that will get you 2" per side. S10 4x4 wheels will work too. The difference in scrub radius does not seem to be a problem in my experience.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

I used to have a jig to narrow stock back steer a-arms but recently took it apart and re-used the steel elsewhere. For $800 you could cut it up and use a narrower sub.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!