it happened again

Started by river1, January 10, 2014, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Some of may remember the thread a few years ago where a dealer wrecked a women's hi-po mustang. Well it has happened again, this time with a ZL1 camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?s=25f55a932f341bbf807b2b11b7c57808&t=333504

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

jaybee

A lot of good advice on that link. In situations like this I always wonder how the dealership would respond should you casually mention that the local media might be interested.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

purplepickup

It seems lawyering up won't help and nothing has been resolved yet.  http://capegazette.villagesoup.com/p/no-deal-yet-over-wrecked-camaro/1098871

I wonder how many times cars like that are taken out for a joy ride and the owners never know.
George

jaybee

mmmm, too bad, and they're going to have trouble finding another that's similar in all respects.

When I was young someone stole a '68 Shelby GT500 that had been left at the local Ford dealer for some work. They drove it right out through a fiberglass overhead door and left it in a ditch off a gravel road outside of town.

The sheriff and a couple of deputies paid a visit to two guys who were about 3 years older than I. They didn't make any accusations, but they did make it known they knew who stole the car though they didn't have enough to make a conviction. Next time the thieves stepped out of line they'd have the book thrown at them to the full extent of the law.

Both guys moved out of town and weren't seen much after that.

58 Yeoman

I worked at a Ford dealer while I was in HS.  The owner went to an auction and came back with two Pontiac Grand Prix's.  A local family bought one of them, and took it home.  A few days later, the FBI was knocking on his door, and informed them that the car was stolen.  They'd been following it trying to find the perps, but then figured that they'd hit a dead end.  He had to give up the car.

The dealer told Jack to pick out a comparable Ford, which he did. It wasn't a Pontiac, but he was okay with it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

as I recall, Glen had a similar inciDent at a Dealership owned by the same company Glen works for; Earnhardt here in Aridzona
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"as I recall, Glen had a similar inciDent at a Dealership

let me clarify the employee of another local dealership launched a customers corvette into a row of our new units.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "Crosley"as I recall, Glen had a similar inciDent at a Dealership

let me clarify the employee of another local dealership launched a customers corvette into a row of our new units.

ah yes... and the vette was a 'side job' the employee was working on ?  Vette crashed over curbs, hit some  brand new  Hyundai vehicles ?  Must've been 100's in damage to the Hyundais
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

Friend of mine worked at a place, where a Porsche was started in gear.
:roll:

It drove off the lift, crashed through a door, drove across an alley,
and crashed into another garage.

jaybee

Porsche? I once watched a freshly restored 356 Cabriolet fall out of the back of a moving van. Landed on the back bumper, took the front end out on the ICC bumper, even cracked the transmission case.

34ford

Think insurance will cover this??

rumrumm

Now, that is a sickening sight! Yikes!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com