Glad to be back

Started by jaybee, July 29, 2013, 10:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

After over a year and a half of no shop activity because I either worked 7 days per week or wasn't even here it's nice to be home. Needless to say after that much time away the house had a pile of work needing to be done first. I've fixed some plumbing and painted the house, roofing is next on the agenda.

Still with all that going on I've managed to spend some time in the garage. I've cleaned out a bunch of stuff and roughed in an outside outlet and an inside, both on the front wall where there was no power previously. I also have a couple more 4' twin tube fluorescent lights and as soon as I can get the lighting circuit extended I'll get them hung as well. There's some more wire shelving leaning up in the corner looking longingly at its future home up on the wall.

It's so good to be getting back into the swing of things. I can hardly wait until it's time to refill the gas bottles and start throwing some floors into the Chevy.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

rumrumm

I know the feeling. There is something therapeutic about getting out into the garage and working on something. I have repeatedly told my wife, "I'm not happy unless I'm working on a project." Even if it is something small like building something for my granddaughter.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com