Wiper arms 1983 Monte Carlo

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, July 22, 2013, 10:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

The passenger side wiper arm mount is cracked.  Will not stay on the head of the drive unit.

I did not know the passenger wiper arm is different from the drivers side.  Drivers side mount is round like millions of others.  passenger side is goofy shape

i've watching ebay and other places. Not sure I could repair the mount on the one I have
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

FYI....don't forget Anthony has a Monte Carlo and he works for O'reillys as a store manager at the Tempe location.  He probably has some resources tou.o help y

wayne petty

http://www.genmotorinfo.com/images/10/820319MG10-004.png

003   **151254   ARM, WSW-LH      82-87         

002   **301183   ARM, WSW-RH      82-87         

either of these should still be available.. when i looked at www.GMpartsgiant.com

in looking around.. the lower number also fits bonnevilles.. 82 to 87..

probably any 82 to 87 G body... but i would suspect 78 to 87 might fit...but i could be wrong..  so regals.. cutlass, grand prix should also be donors along with some 82 to 87 full size gm cars...

i did see that dorman and trico still make wiper arms..

tonight dormans web site is down for maintenance

do you have a micro torch you might be able to melt the crack back together. its just pot metal.

Crosley.In.AZ

Glen, thanks

Wayne: I have some GM connections (local). Word I get is 'discontinued' , also I am told 'Not available'  ...  LOL

It does appear many of the G body use this goofy design on passenger side.  One fellow on eBay had a 'new pair'  for $239 dollars.

On eBay I search for G body , Regal. Cutlass , etc

The pot metal is probably stretched out , besides cracked.
Tony

wayne petty

you will have to do more research.. as i cannot see your if its straight or has some english on it..

these are right hand only...

more than likely the first or third one..

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-23985-42792.aspx?parttype=Windshield%20Wiper%20Arms
Attachment Method:   Spined/Flange Nut
Length (in):   24.75

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-27420-42797.aspx?parttype=Windshield%20Wiper%20Arms
Length (in):   24.875

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-15666-42762.aspx?parttype=Windshield%20Wiper%20Arms
Length (in):   24.875

got an overall length on yours???   if these are longer.. you can just use a shorter blade to avoid whacking the trim...

that is if they actually clamp on properly.... i cannot see the attachment end to tell if it has the weird shape that yours does.

Digger

J.C. Whitney has passenger side for 83 Regal listed but not for Cutlass or Monte so maybe not all of the G bodies are the same.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Crosley.In.AZ

I was able to locate an old timer at GM dealer. He suppossed to have found the correct arm 'new' at a dealer in calliefornia.

Will see what arrives here this week.

And yes, it appears not all G body cars had this goofy design wiper mount on passenger side.

Thanks for help.... I may need more.  LOL
Tony

58 Yeoman

Just curious; what body is the Firebird?  I don't suppose it's the same wiper arm?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

tomslik

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Just curious; what body is the Firebird?  I don't suppose it's the same wiper arm?

"F" body
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

58 Yeoman

Okay, I looked; the Firebird arm takes a bend right after the mount whereas yours goes straight.

Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

The wiper arm arrived.  It is the correct design for the passenger side.  It is new, it is black. OE wiper was the popular - common silver colour

I was a bit worried about the purchase of another used wiper arm unit and have two (2) wiper arms that would not stay on the drive head of the wiper transmittin unit.

If any body else needs one (LOL) , the dealer in Calliefornia where this arm came from, they have 15 more
Tony

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Just curious; what body is the Firebird?  I don't suppose it's the same wiper arm?

"F" body

Thanks Tom.

Phil