Kudos for Classic Instruments

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, July 24, 2013, 08:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

I have a set of Traditional black face/white numeral Classic gauges in my track roadster pickup. I bought them in January of 2001. I installed them in about 2005 and first used them in 2006 or 2007. After a short while I didn't have any pressure at idle. No noises ever developed so I just ignored it.

I have the car for sale now and figured I'd better see what was going on. I borrowed a mechanical gauge and installed it today. Oil pressure was just fine. I called Classic and got the test parameters for the sender. It failed. I took a new sender out of another set of the same gauges that I have for my '32 and installed and oil pressure is still fine.

I reported back to the tech guy at Classic Instruments and he volunteered to replace the sender at no charge.

What a great company!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Harry

Great service after so long...

purplepickup

That's the good 'ol small town business work ethic that's made them successful.  It's good to hear your story and good luck selling the car.  I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest.

Similar story about Menards from Elk Mound, WI...population 878.  I bought a compound miter saw there in 2009 but never used it until this summer.  When I assembled it I there were a couple of parts missing.  I went to customer service with my receipt and the nice lady told me to go into the store and bring a new saw to the counter where we opened it and took out the parts I needed.  I walked out a very happy present and future customer.  I was surprised (and pleased) they did that after 4 years.
George