Free Air Show for GPster

Started by rooster, June 13, 2013, 03:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster

You can see its flight path here! It leaves St. Louis 4 am tommoro! :D

http://www.solarimpulse.com/

Look for more onfo here! Off the air right now!
http://live.solarimpulse.com/map

GPster

Well the weather is clearing and the rain is headed to the south east. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so there should be some sun pulses. I tried to see the second link but it was out of operation at the time. If they have any problems there is a commercial airport in WVa just across the river from here and Ohio (not state) University has a good size landing strip about 50 mile due West of here right on US RT 50 if they're following the highways to avoid navigating. I hope their site keeps information current. With the sun shining I can't scan the skies looking for anything because of my eyes. GPster

rooster

It looks like its due to land 9PM your time! That makes it good for your
eyes!

When they were on there way to St. Louis they stayed pretty much on
there projected flight path! The exception was a holding pattern about 75
miles out of St. Louis that went on for hours, My guess is that Lambert
International did'nt want that thing around it doing about 50 MPH with
junbo jets taking off and landing. It has the wing span like that of a 747.

If its dark out just watch for the lights (running) looks like a slow moving
helocopter, no sound, If he turns on all the wing lights it looks like a UFO!

That web site will become mission control, you can follow the plan on the
map " live"

Tried to add picture! But screen says image is stolden

Take the grand kids!

GPster

Following the flight path this morning I got confused. It got south east of Cincinnati and made a couple of turn-a-rounds and stopped. I guess I'll have to check later and see if conditions have made them revise their path. At least they're in the air. GPster

rooster

Quote from: "GPster"Following the flight path this morning I got confused. It got south east of Cincinnati and made a couple of turn-a-rounds and stopped. I guess I'll have to check later and see if conditions have made them revise their path. At least they're in the air. GPster

When it came to St. Louis they had to revise it a bit when it got close to the airport. I see they did not charge there batterys while they were here! Their down to 59%, probley looking for sunlight now!

rooster

It looks like it will be early

GPster

They still haven't updated that flight plan map so I'm not sure which way  they're going.. GPster

rooster

Quote from: "GPster"They still haven't updated that flight plan map so I'm not sure which way  they're going.. GPster

Hes around the airport now! He will hang out around there maybe 3 hours!Their waiting for things to cool down for the landing!

Are you close to the airport?

GPster

That airport is SE of Cincinnati. I'm about 180 miles away on the other side of the state. Same river though. I'm trying to get ahold of my son and grandson. They live near the NE intersection of I71 and I275. He knows about it now but they have a swim meet that the grandkids are competing in tonight. I gave him the site and I'm sure his lap top will be connected to it. I'll check later for tomorrow's flight path. GPster

rooster

Quote from: "GPster"That airport is SE of Cincinnati. I'm about 180 miles away on the other side of the state. Same river though. I'm trying to get ahold of my son and grandson. They live near the NE intersection of I71 and I275. He knows about it now but they have a swim meet that the grandkids are competing in tonight. I gave him the site and I'm sure his lap top will be connected to it. I'll check later for tomorrow's flight path. GPster

I hope he gets to see it! Looks foggy there!

The flight pattern for DC is up on the site now! Looks like its going to be south of you!

GPster

Looks like it's going south of Huntington, W Va which would be better than 100 miles south of me. Watched the map and the flight plan for a little while after take-off and it looked like it was in a tail-spin. Went to the pilot/ground crew talk and could see what looked like concern but couldn't understand the talk. It straightened out when I went back. I'll keep watching the site but I guess that's as close as I'll get to it. GPster