disc brake flex lines - which ones?

Started by Topsterguy, October 03, 2004, 09:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Okay, I'm using "intermediate" GM calipers and Dodge rotors on the 32 coupe I'm building, with basic "tabs" on the frame for the flex lines to fit into and hook up with the hard lines. Anyone know which stock number rubber flex line willl work best and be long enough?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

Got an idea on length, I can look them up by ends, and length.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Well, just eyeballing it , it looks like the hose would have to be about 15" long at least, to allow for turns, and would need one end to fit the GM caliper and a straight end on the other end to fit straight thru the tab on the frame. Does that help? :?
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

48ford

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Well, just eyeballing it , it looks like the hose would have to be about 15" long at least, to allow for turns, and would need one end to fit the GM caliper and a straight end on the other end to fit straight thru the tab on the frame. Does that help? :?
On a 56 chevy,we used hoses off an 85 chevy 1/2 ton.
hope this helps you
Russ&Irene

enjenjo

Sounds like a 70's Camaro line is what you need Wagner F71379 should do it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "enjenjo"Sounds like a 70's Camaro line is what you need Wagner F71379 should do it.

Thanks BIGTIME ,enjenjo, I got a set of those from my parts guy and it looks like they'll work just fine! Much appreciated, and also thanks for the suggestions from you other folks - I was sure "someone" would come up with something here!   :wink: