Vibration in the motor that feels like a miss

Started by junkyardjeff, June 23, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

The 351-w I have in my 55 ford convertible sometimes has a vibration that feels like its a dead miss but is running on all 8,it did it friday night after coming home from the cruise in so I left it running and got my insulated pliers and pulled each plug wire off and no dead cylinder and sounds good out the exhaust so anyone have a idea what to check.

phat46

A cross fire perhaps, can't remember which cylinders it is but it seems a lot of Ford guys talk about it.

junkyardjeff

The nimrod that built the motor stuck in a 302 cam and I do have those two plug wires apart that have issues,I wonder if its from me using point style plug wires and cap with a durapark electronic ignition. I do not like the looks of that wider distributor cap and wanted to make it look like it had a points ignition.

junkyardjeff

Anybody know of a good set of cut to fit wires that will work with electronic ignition but plug in a points style distributor cap,I think I have solid core style wires on it now and are they good for elecrtronic ignitions. Those wires have been on for about 8 years so probably time to change.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.