32 nearly ready

Started by nzsimon, April 06, 2013, 04:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200280089059572&comment_id=5231345&offset=0&total_comments=2&ref=notif&notif_t=video_comment

Not sure if this will work or not the roadster is nearly ready for its maiden voyage
All lights work , steering done brakes work just a couple of gearbox computer issues to go
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

phat rat

Quote from: "nzsimon"http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200280089059572&comment_id=5231345&offset=0&total_comments=2&ref=notif&notif_t=video_comment

Not sure if this will work or not the roadster is nearly ready for its maiden voyage
All lights work , steering done brakes work just a couple of gearbox computer issues to go

Sounds great
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

That is a Toyota V8 correct?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Hello;
Wait! Stop! The steering wheel is on the wrong side!
What engine is that? Sounds ready to go!!!
Bruce

nzsimon

Quote from: "enjenjo"That is a Toyota V8 correct?

Yes it is out of a Lexus great engines
Forged crank , rods and pistons , 6 bolt mains , girdle , 32 valve this one should be in the 400hp area

jaybee

Beautiful car Simon, it's been a pleasure watching it go together over the past few years.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

UGLY OLDS

NICE car Simon ...  8)  Can you get away with exposed exhaust & no "guards" in NZ like the guys must have in AZ ???

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

nzsimon

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"NICE car Simon ...  8)  Can you get away with exposed exhaust & no "guards" in NZ like the guys must have in AZ ???

Bob..... :wink:

Yes we can actually they don't get that hot , I built the mufflers inside the lake pipes and as you can hear it isn't too loud , I had no idea what it was going to sound like till I started it
Now all that needs sorting is the gearbox computer and the maiden voyage ( skid) is on the cards
Can run with no fenders as long as you are a member of a rod club for 2 years and have a valid exemption supposed to be only used on runs but....

39deluxe

That's a good looking engine. Sounds nice too.

Tom

rumrumm

I remember seeing this build on a previous posting and had been following it. I was wondering when I would see it again as I really liked all of your one-off pieces and choice of a different power plant. Looks and sounds awesome! I predict a BIG smile coming when you take her out for the first time!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

nzsimon

Thanks for all the positive feedback over the years it is sites like this , or to be more precise this site with it's wealth of info that kept me going

Learning each step as I went was particularly difficult , knowing what I know now I would do it different in a quarter of the time

Carps

Geez Simon, it's about time you got that puppy done, it's taken you longer than it's taken me to fit glass to my sedan.    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

nzsimon

I may be slow but at least I am rough