Looking to ship a car

Started by RAJ484, April 08, 2013, 09:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAJ484

Need just a bit of help here. I sold a car on eBay to a guy who lives outside of Detroit. I live in New Mexico. The guy used some kind of bidding service for the shipper to get the car from me to him. Well, long story short, the shipper isn't even returning calls now. Anyone know of any enclosed trucks heading east through New Mexico (Albuquerque) to the motor city???? Maybe someone has the name of a good shipper
It drove into my garage...it DID drive back out!!!

purplepickup

I'm sure you're aware of possible scams involving you paying money to anyone.  I'd think the buyer should be arranging transportation.  You're probably happy that it sold and would like to help get the car to the new owner but I wouldn't get too involved if I were you.
George

RAJ484

Thank George. I'm not putting ANY money toward shipping. We had the car shipped out here in 2001. I'm not even sure if the buyer paid this shipper yet. I just know the shipper has a broken down truck in Ohio and the car sits here. Just trying to see if I can get the buyer a name or number to help him out. We met him after he bought the car and he's like me. Just a nice guy.
Thanks

papastoyss

Ben D on the Hamb board comes highly recomended for delivering cars.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

RAJ484

Thanks, we'll get in touch with him :-)