Current project in the shop

Started by WZ JUNK, February 16, 2013, 05:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I am currently working on a steel 34 three window.  Just a bunch of small fabricating jobs to get the car ready for paint.  Brake lines, gas lines, mounting the air conditioner and such.

I have never been happy with the brake line clips and fuel line clips that you can purchase, so I made a jig and made my own.  I also made a jig to straighten aluminum tubing.  Poor people have poor ways.

This car should leave this week and then the Flat Cad returns.  I need to finish the hood and air intake and then build the aero front end and spoiler.   When it leaves, I will start lengthening the fiberglass front on the 974  "Just Glad to be Here".

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

TEAM SMART

sirstude

Way too neat, clean, and spacious in there John.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

John, what do you do with the clips?  

Mount them, then bend them over with a soft hammer to retain the brake line tube?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

That's some nice fab work but personally I prefer some sort of vibration insulation on brake & fuel line clamps.There is an aircraft component factory in our area & for years a guy was at all the swaps with an assortment of "surplus" Adel type clamps that were well insulated.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"John, what do you do with the clips?  

Mount them, then bend them over with a soft hammer to retain the brake line tube?

Tony,  I make them a tight fit, then when the lines are mounted the last time, I will take a small piece of oak and tap the front edge to tighten them.  I like to hold the lines tight rather than have them loose in the rubber insulators.  This does not mean that I am doing this the correct way but rather the way I like to do it.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH