2000 F250 super duty cobe B1226

Started by 348tripower, March 02, 2013, 01:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I just put a new master cylinder on this and now this code has come up along with a ABS light and a Brake light. The code is for a brake warning lamp short. The customer wanted a new master because the pedal would go to the floor occasionally. Could the abs pump unit be bad. Or the control module? This is a snow plow truck and you know it has been treated like a baby. :lol:
Thanks,
Don
Don Colliau

wayne petty

on the instrument cluster.... the BRAKE warning bulb has failed the BULB check... the bulb might be burned out.. probably is...

does the bulb illuminate when you start the truck then go out in a few seconds...

http://www.justanswer.com/ford/4usfb-2000-ford-f250-super-duty-obd-code-b1226-brake.html

there are some links to help get the dash apart..

and you will need a set of these.. either otc or lisle versions.

wayne petty

did you check the TSBs and recalls..

you did not mention which motor you have...

http://alldatadiy.com/TSB/20/002062dB.html

Automotive Recall and Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 2000 Ford Truck F 250 2WD Super Duty V10-6.8L VIN S.

TSB Number & Issue Date      TSB Title
09S09 OCT 09    Recall - Cruise Control Deactivation Switch Overheating
05S28S15 APR 08    Recall - Cruise Control Deactivation Switch Inspection

02L11 OCT 02    Recall - Lug Nut Procedure and Torque Specification
01S24 AUG 01    Recall - Defective Wiper Motor Switch/Gear Cover
00S21 OCT 00    Recall - Seat Belt Buckle Inspection/Replacement
99S32 NOV 99    Recall - Fuel System Integrity
02L08 FEB 02    Campaign - Missing Engine Information label
99B28 DEC 99    Campaign - Engine Oil Cooler Inspection/Replacement

or for the diesel turbo version

Automotive Recall and Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 2000 Ford Truck F 250 2WD Super Duty V8-7.3L DSL Turbo VIN F.

07S57 DEC 07    Recall - Camshaft Position Sensor Inspection/Replacement

or the 5.4 version
Automotive Recall and Technical Service Bulletin Titles for 2000 Ford Truck F 250 2WD Super Duty V8-5.4L SOHC VIN L.

05S28S15 APR 08    Recall - Cruise Control Deactivation Switch Inspection
99S27 OCT 99    Recall - Throttle Cable and Throttle Body Replacement
02L08 FEB 02    Campaign - Missing Engine Information label
99B28 DEC 99    Campaign - Engine Oil Cooler Inspection/Replacement

any ford truck with an Electrical switch on the front end of the brake master cylinder needs a new cruise control deactivation switch. a short extension harness with an inline fuse..   if the switch fails and shorts to ground.. it causes a fire and burns up the wiring harness  .. and sometimes the truck...

please check the front wheels for excessive wheel bearing play.. allowing the rotors to rock and push the pads and pistons back. requiring excessive brake pedal...

if anybody swapped the brake pads without pinching off the hoses and opening the bleeders  as they retract the pistons.. then closing them before releasing the C clamp from the pistons.. dirty fluid could be pushed backward through the antilock control valve...

lastly... does this truck have 4 wheel antilock brakes or REAR WHEEL antiskid brakes...

rear wheel anti skid brakes have a single control block somewhere .. sometimes right under the master.. sometimes along the frame rail...

i have had issues with the accumulator valve hanging open and allowing the accumulator to accept fluid flow instead of transferring it to the rear wheels...

man this will really require the brake pedal to be mashed to the floor to get it to stop.

take a look at this RABS valve used on millions of ford trucks.. both small and full size..

there is a rubber boot on the left side in the image... take that boot off... stick a toothpick into the hole.. or a piece of wire...   until it reaches the back of the piston..   hold your finger over the end LIGHTLY.. then have somebody depress the brake pedal.. if the pedal goes to the floor and the tooth pick slides out.. the RABS valve is leaking into the accumulator...  you might unplug its electrical connector... test again...  or the valve will need to be replaced..

since you have the B code.. i don't expect that you have RABS 2 rear wheel antilocks...  but this is a lesson for the other members...

i always thought that the RABS valve would make a great sort of line lock.. as you could then lock the isolation valve and open the accumulator valve to dump the rear line pressure allowing the rear wheels to spin..

348tripower

Wayne,

The BRAKE light comes on when the ignition is on and stays on after the truck is started. The ABS light will shut off momentarily when the truck is started.
Don
Don Colliau

wayne petty

Quote from: "348tripower"Wayne,

The BRAKE light comes on when the ignition is on and stays on after the truck is started. The ABS light will shut off momentarily when the truck is started.
Don

4 wheel antilocks or rear wheel antilocks..

does the lamp go out when you unplug the level sensor at the master cylinder..

i have a stack of ford books here someplace that cover ABS ... but since i rarely work on ABS... they are in a box the wife has stashed... and there is NO label on it..  could be any of 150 plain white office file boxes..

you are going to need to look up the actual trouble shooting chart on alldata or mitchell..

sorry if i mislead you ..

it looks like the GEM module controls the brake warning light...

and the ABS module controls the ABS lights...

348tripower

Wayne,
All the lights have shut off. :shock:  I don't know why and I guess I don't rally care.  Test drove it and the ABS is working and the brakes are great with no pedal fade.   :D  He is going to look at a  new truck. This one has 140000 hard miles.
Don Colliau