Holley tuning

Started by Jokester, January 30, 2013, 08:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokester

Hi all,

Once upon a time a ran across a link to a great article on Holley carbs and how to jet them leaner and insert wires in the air bleeds to lean out the idle.  Any suggestions.  I've lost the link.

It's for my 34 chevy, 327 with an Offy cross ram, a little Comp cam, and a single 700 Holley double pumper.  I've run the manifold before with a smaller carb and no problems (that was 20 years ago).  But this double pumper is really rich.  New kit and power valves, anti backfire kit, electric choke.

Anyone know of a good carb tuning link?

Thanks
.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

wayne petty

invest 35 bucks in an cheep air fuel ratio gauge from a local parts store and a single wire oxygen sensor from a mid 80s gm app. have a muffler shop install a bung in the head pipe .

pick up a vacuum gauge also.    mount in a 2 gauge panel or rubber gage mount.. wire up to a cigar lighter type cord.. this makes it removable in seconds. only one wire , the plug and the vacuum hose to plug.

use this to see where you are really lean or rich at....

if you have long tube headers. install a early 90s app  3 wire gm o2 heated sensor

links tomorrow must zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rochie

Here's a factual, precise, and straight forward way of playing with a holley.  I know it works. I've done a few like this
http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm