Disc Brake Caliper ID's

Started by twinpilot001, October 18, 2012, 02:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinpilot001

Like to know where  or who (net or book) has a identification on GM & Ford  Calipers. Casting Numbers & teck specs>. pics would also be nice -anyone know??

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT.

You can find the info in most suppliers parts books, but it's not all in one place. I deal with NAPA, and have their books, the piston size is listed  in the application book, there are pictures in the illustrated brake parts guide, and the rotor thickness can also be found there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Arnold

Quote from: "enjenjo"Welcome to the RRT.

You can find the info in most suppliers parts books, but it's not all in one place. I deal with NAPA, and have their books, the piston size is listed  in the application book, there are pictures in the illustrated brake parts guide, and the rotor thickness can also be found there.

Sometimes..if you have a rough idea of an application..Car-part.com
lists some part,cast., and interchange #'s.

Jokester

www.napaonline.com has images of most parts, but you have to look them up one at a time by year, make, model, engine.  In fact, most of the retailers have websites with images and specs.  Try the Advance, O'reilly, Autozone, Pep Boys etc. websites.  Some can even interchange casting numbers.

My 2ยข

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

wayne petty

this is a rather large download...

http://www.foundationbrakes.com/en/products/formulablue/formulablue_1.jsp

you will need to reverse engineer the numbers from the right column above..

2012 Supplement
[PDF, 13 MB]
Light Duty Application Guide
[PDF, 23 MB]

Illustrated Parts Guide Part 1
[PDF, 26 MB]
Illustrated Parts Guide Part 2
[PDF, 26 MB]

you will also want to download the Buyers Guide and the catalog instructions  from the lower right section..

this way.. you will know what catalog section to look in..

yep.. reverse application..

there might be a caliper casting number listing in the application guide..

the illustrated guide part 2 has the caliper pictures and numbers available..  

i looked around and could not find any reman calipers catalogs easily listed online..