Carb

Started by tonto1, August 13, 2004, 10:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1

Hi;
Been a while since I've posted. Been playing with other stuff.
Got the '41 out today to run it a bit and decided it's time to get a little more serious about a carb.
I've got a Quadra-jet that I put together from 3 different carbs and it's not working out at all, so I am thinking , just go buy a new one and quit wasting time.
I have a '88 350 SBC with Performer intake, mild cam, ~9 to 1 comp, aftermarket HEI, Chevy truck exhaust manifolds and dual exhaust.
700R4 and 2.88 gears.
Is the Edelbrock 1406 a decent carb to put on there or is there something better?

I appreciate any and all suggestions :(
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

model a vette

I used old AFB's for years on my roadster's mostly stock '67 350. Bolted on a 1406 a few years back and have been very satisfied with it. Gets slightly less mileage but the performance was worth it.
A friend switched to the same carb based on my experience on his 327 and he has had no problems either. He had run Q-jets and had a number of problems with them.
Ed

Bib_Overalls

I am running a factory remanufactured 1406 on the 350 in my roadster.  I like it a lot.  Summet sells factory remanufactured 1406s for $229.95 (EDL-9900).  A new 1406 sells for $265 (EDL-1406).  An Edelbrock tech told me they are every bit as good as a "new" one.  Other than the part number on the box there was no way to tell mine had been remanufactured.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

tonto1

Thanks for the input.
Think I'll look for one of those>
Harry :lol:
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?