A/C service

Started by Okiedokie, August 13, 2012, 10:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

Well, since Wayne has weighed in on my previous thread and it seems to be frozen for some unknown reason, I will set this up and maybe he can respond here.

wayne petty

thats cool huh... i though it was a NEAT trick...

remote control freeze of the thread...

but i did not do it..

i figured out that you had used the lower case items to the right of the P instead of the upper case 9 and 0  to frame some words.. that is an H T M L language.. so it hung up the thread.. i finally got it to load...  mentioned that to fat cat.. perhaps he was attempting to mod it like i had said.. and it locked it up hard..   like getting a transmission in forward and reverse at the same time...

but i will accept blame and step out..

GPster

It locked up for me before Fat Cat got to it. I tried to get on it after he was apparently there but it still would never find itself. Becuse the last I worked with refrigeration was before R12 was identified as a Baddy I only check to learn something, With Wayne's explanation now there's too much to learn. But don't stop, GPster

Okiedokie

Well, I still can't view any responses to the intial thread.

Lower case items to the right of the p????????????????HUH?

wayne petty

Quote from: "Okiedokie"Well, I still can't view any responses to the intial thread.

Lower case items to the right of the p????????????????HUH?

click on the first  a/c link...    then get up and have a cold soda...  when you get back .. it will be open...

when you hold the shift key down and then the 9 or 0 you get smily or sad mouths... (        ) ....          

when you do not hold the shift key down...  and use the brackets..  on the 2 keys to the right of the p key...  thats telling the browser to look at the command within

just the two brackets is the start command..   the left bracket a forward slash  the command words then the right bracket is the end command

i don't know if fat cat has the ability to edit the text after its been posted for more than an hour..

all i did was post that you should be able to discharge your system with your charging manifold and hoses.....

its a shame that the recovery tanks are so expensive..  but that they are probably not that expensive as somebody stole the freon out of my friends central ac unit ...  it was stolen as he went out to check it and found a tiny hole in the tubing where a piercing valve was clamped on..

i also posted some of the R134A spec oring kits that at least one of the tulsa area az stores has in stock...  

if they will have the correct size orings to fix your leak...

i don't know..

you could also just pick up this HF 10 buck kit.. but that might be the cause of your current problem...

http://www.harborfreight.com/205-piece-hnbr-o-ring-kit-67644.html

since the az oring kits are right around the same price.. i would go with those as they are from an A/C products supplier..

sorry to be a pain..   but.. the thread hung up as soon as you posted.. i was one of the first to attempt to click on it..

Fat Cat

Quote from: "wayne petty"i don't know if fat cat has the ability to edit the text after its been posted for more than an hour..

I made the suggested edits along with about 50 other things but nothing I have done has worked. I do not have any clue as to how to fix the problem with that thread. I also do not know what has caused the problem. I have been trying to fix it for several days with no results so far.

As far as the brackets go as far as I know the square brackets will not affect this software in the way  Wayne describes as the only way the software looks at the contents inside the brackets is if the contents match the predetermined tags like bold, quote, code, image or url.

Okiedokie

Thanks guys. All of this is far beyond my comprehension. I have conquered the a/c service deal anyway.

UGLY OLDS

Ya mean that if Wayne breaks it , Nobody can fix it  :?:  :shock:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

I forgot the question... :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop