Dial Bore Guage Parts ...

Started by UGLY OLDS, July 31, 2012, 06:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Hi Guys ... I have a situation ...

I own a MHC dial bore gage kit # 612-5912..measures from 1.4" to 2.4" ...Looks like this .......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MHC-612-5912-1-4-2-4-Dial-Bore-Gage-Set-Indicator-0-001-Graduation-4K-/120915086330?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2719cbfa

The MHC # 612-5919 kit is identical to the first gage except it measures from 2" to 6"  & it looks like this ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRECISION-ENGINE-CYLINDER-HOLE-DIAL-BORE-GAUGE-GAGE-SET-?cmd=ViewItem&hash=item483fa94775&item=310305703797&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Anyway the only difference between the gage kits seems to be the "Anvils" that dictate the diameter of the bore.. You screw the proper anvil into the base of the indicator, use a mike to adjust to "0".. , stick it in the hole & VOLIA !!   You're measuring the diameter of the hole , cylinder, inside round thing , with GREAT accuracy ..  8)

My problem is that I have searched the web to the point of exhaustion & cannot find a supplier for the additional anvils & parts to make the gage read out to 6" ...  :(

I went as far as to send an E-Mail to the company in China that makes the gage requesting a dealer list or ????  

I received a reply in VERY broken english that advised that "I should please to be returning to the store that I bought it at for your help" ..

Any body got any ideas ?????

Thanks .....
Bob ......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"will this work?  http://www.mhctools.com/WeeklyNewProducts.asp?ContentID=2039

Thanks Frank , but those part fit a different indicator ...This is the Manufacture's site in China that delights in sending me poorly worded E-Mails ..( At least they try to respond !!) ..   I found different contact info on their web site this time .. I sent another E-Mail trying again to get the parts or advising  who my local dealer is ..  

Are we still on for K-Zoo ??  Same time ..Same Place ..Same menu ????

Bob..... :wink:

Warpspeed

If it was me, I would sell the smaller bore gage on e-bay and then buy the bigger one.

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "enjenjo"will this work?  http://www.mhctools.com/WeeklyNewProducts.asp?ContentID=2039

Thanks Frank , but those part fit a different indicator ...This is the Manufacture's site in China that delights in sending me poorly worded E-Mails ..( At least they try to respond !!) ..   I found different contact info on their web site this time .. I sent another E-Mail trying again to get the parts or advising  who my local dealer is ..  

Are we still on for K-Zoo ??  Same time ..Same Place ..Same menu ????

There are two listings there, for two different indicators.Yes we are on for the Zoo.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

oj

I have the same problem and have never found the right anvils either.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: WarpspeedIf it was me, I would sell the smaller bore gage on e-bay and then buy the bigger one.[/quote

That's a good idea, but my goal is to have one indicator to measure all sizes ... I have to believe there are repair parts available somewhere ....

My search continues ....

Thanks .....

Bob...... :wink:

Warpspeed

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I have to believe there are repair parts available somewhere ....

Not at all likely if it's made in China, as it most probably is.

If it was made in USA and cost $300.00 then individual off the shelf spare parts would almost certainly be available for it.

Things are very different these days.

unklian

Why not make your own anvils ?

Looks like a simple lathe project.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: unklianWhy not make your own anvils ?

DING--DING--DING..... :idea:

I will look into making 2 or 3 in the cylinder sizes that I need ...  8)

As I need more ...I can make more .... :(D)

THANK YOU ... :b-d:

As I get older ..  the forest sure gets harder to see with all them trees in the way ....... :roll: