Ask a Google question

Started by GPster, August 07, 2012, 11:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Somewwhere between two grandkids and six chickens I have a garage with my 19 year Jeepster project in it. That old "Sway-Back" convertable had no floor in it when I got it and the necessary frame change opened up the guessing dimensions even more. I pretty much nailed down the width of the body at the rear fender wells on the old frame and that part has been mounted on the replacement frame satisfactorily. The firewall takes care of that width and it and the cowl have given me the width at the A" pillars. What I need is the body width at the floor between the "B" pillars. This place appears to me like a good place to build a crossmember style floor brace because my building design for this vehicle is to be like a 2 seater "Ute" roadster and the floor will step up to the level of the frame "Kick" over the rear axel. I "Googled" Jeepster and looked through 38 pages of results hoping to find someone that has built or is building one with no apparent luck. It looks like I could go to College Station, Pa. this fall with a tape measure but I don't want to wait that long or have to explain to a bunch of restorers what I am doing. Does someone know how to ask the internet my question better than I have or does someone know the where abouts of one (Willys Overland Jeepster '48 - '51) and can get me that measurement. GPster

kiwipaul

Fist what is a Jeepster? What year? And now 19year old project is as bad as me. Love to see some photos
A Ford man that like all cars

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here's one
Mine will never look that good again. Fumbled through Google some more and ventured into their pictures and found a guy that bought one last October and is restoring it. He posted a picture of how bad his floor is and he had the seats and all the interior out of it. He has a WEB site but hasn't posted any pictures since April but when I contacted him he said he would get the measurements for me. I think if I can build that dimension into the body/floor I can shim under all the mounts to get the doors to operate. Had a guy look at my CJ7 yesterday. When I told him I might trade he mentioned maybe being able to come up with a Studebaker truck. Knowing some of the stuff that's in the area he mentioned, maybe another half-a-Lark will appear. GPster