Power Tour 2012

Started by Mikej, May 29, 2012, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

348tripower

I was going to make the run to Muskegon but plans change. We are going to get back into the house this weekend. We have a lot to move and cleaning to do. The wife finally has a weekend off so we  can get this done.
I was hoping the fishing boat would be in the slip there and I would have a place to crash but we still don't have the stern drive on it. I did fix the bad valves and head gaskets and Eric put a new impeller in the drive. Mike and Eric are the contractors fixing my place. Mike and I went to Dexter schools together. They are taking care of me and I am returning the favor by working on the boat and being the clean up and gofor guy. I haven't touched the COE in a month. Studebaker is still in storage and my daily is still broke. I have not gotten time to finish the check for a bad rod bearing. I have the pleasant problem of having to much to do. Brake  job this morning, back to the heat and air install in a 51 chevy truck. Move and clean when the wife gets home. Got a list of work on the white board in the shop.
Don Colliau

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "1800guy"
Denise - I have the 1960 corner tag, and I'm still digging for the 1959 passenger car plate to put it on.   If I find it I'll bring it.
I got a matching pair 1960 full Michigan plate, not half year, at a swap meet the weekend I got the car.  I'm all set bud.  Thanks though, much appreciated.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

Hmmm, corner tags were whole year not half year
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

1800guy

Quote from: "phat rat"Hmmm, corner tags were whole year not half year

Correct:  1960 passenger cars used the yellow on green 59 plate with the green on yellow corner tag.  Pick-up/commercial plates were 1960 dated, green on yellow.   Cars - 2 letters, 4 numbers.  Pickups - 4 numbers, 2 letters.

Now, if anybody in MI has a 60 pickup...those I have.
My project is 90% finished, with only 90% to go.

GPster

Used to be in Ohio if you had a station wagon and kept the back seats folded down to haul stuff (mattress?) they expected you to license it as a truck. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, but they also made plates with a date stamped in them that were half year.  I picked up some of those as well.  My comment was geared toward the plate I'm running now is a 1960 plate, not a half year plate that is way more common then just a regualr 1960 plate.

phat rat

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

Yep, but they also made plates with a date stamped in them that were half year.  I picked up some of those as well.  My comment was geared toward the plate I'm running now is a 1960 plate, not a half year plate that is way more common then just a regualr 1960 plate.

Denice, as stated before cars used a corner tag, truck a whole plate. So in actuality you probably have a truck plate. Corner tags were used as a cost saving measure for years instead of a new plate every year. The same way the stick on tags are used now.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I understand I'm running a truck plate Jack.  My comment was because you made it sound like I made a comment that tags were half year.  My current plate is full year, tags were full year BUT I ALSO bought plates that are half year plates for 1960 that I could also run on my car if I wanted.

phat rat

So correct or not for the car in essence you'll run what you want