New trailer

Started by enjenjo, April 26, 2012, 07:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I am picking up some parts at Wilmington, and later on I have to pick up some parts in Nevada. So I wanted a trailer I could pull with my Escape. I started digging around in my spare parts pile, and came up with everything I needed except U-bolts for the springs, a pair of fenders, wood for the deck,and a 4 conductor wire for the harness. It has Rambler spindles and hubs,on a fabricated tube axle, Mopar cop car wheels. It weighs about 400 lbs. The fenders are removeable so I can haul a pickup bed on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Good for you.

Does Ohio still not issue a title on  lite weight trailers like that one?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Registration only on home made trailers. The last year they put the color on the registration, thus tan fenders. :roll: It will be all tan when I finish painting it.

PeterR

Quote from: "enjenjo"Registration only on home made trailers. The last year they put the color on the registration, thus tan fenders. :roll: It will be all tan when I finish painting it.

Then the second stage.

enjenjo

QuoteThen the second stage.

:lol: I don't think that poor old Escape will pull it then.

moose

Quote from: "PeterR"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Registration only on home made trailers. The last year they put the color on the registration, thus tan fenders. :roll: It will be all tan when I finish painting it.

Then the second stage.

I must be old today I cannot figure out the addition?????

Tim

enjenjo

QuoteI must be old today I cannot figure out the addition?????

It's a fifth wheel.

This is what I picked up at Worthington

Crosley.In.AZ

I see Haguar parts on the trailer
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

for some reason i see fully skirted fenders on that trailer...  like small aircraft have on their non retractable wheels..  perhaps with the mid to late 50s  olds 98 sort of styling

man i need to find a vacuum forming company..

are you going to bolt a 4x4 across the front of the trailer deck  or create a short bed side to drop into the pockets to prevent the rear end on the deck from being able to stretch the straps when some moron slams on his brakes right in front of you..

actually i might be too late.. as its probably home..

just an idea..

kb426

I  know it's functional but can't we have mag wheels and maybe polished diamond plate flooring?  :D
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I  know it's functional but can't we have mag wheels and maybe polished diamond plate flooring?  :D

How can you beat cop car wheels?

enjenjo

QuoteI must be old today I cannot figure out the addition?????
It is home. 4 seperate tie downs, and checking it often made it home OK.