Wanted: DRY SUMP SYSTEM

Started by Hooley, May 05, 2012, 05:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooley

I am looking for a dry sump system for the 974 Studebaker. We are blowing a lot of oil out with the boost it is making.  If any one has one or knows someone who does. Please get a hold of me.

Thank you,
   Hooley
Hhardheaded@sbcglobal.net
"Just Glade To Be Here"

enjenjo

You looking for a NASCAR type system? You might try Racing Junk.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Hooley

Thanks,
            I have looked there and found a guy that buys and sell race stuff. He has system less pan. He guarantees them.  
I have been talking with Pro Pans , My friend Doug that builds aluminum pans, covers etc. I think i'll get a new pump and have Doug build a tank and pan for it.  Then we will plumb it.  Probably beat way to go. Nothing is too good for the BABY.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

bowtietillidie

Just a passing thought........ As the engine is supercharged it might be a good idea to look at the scavenge side of the dry sump pump.   You will need more scavenging than a natural aspirated engine .    You have already said that you are getting blow by so an extra large scavenge pump should pull more crank case pressure out of the lower end of the engine.
Ask guys that are running high boost then go from there .   Just some thoughts running around in my head  :idea:
BOWTIETILLIDIE

Hooley

Thanks BOWTIETILLIDIE,

I talked with the engine builder, Buzzard Racing Engines, about what we will need. Jim Buzzard has a lot of race engines out there.   He and Doug Lee the pan man are working up a solution for it.

I got a new nodular third member housing in today. I'll start taking the old one out tomorrow and changing them over to the 2:75 gear.

Later,
             Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"