Update on my BIG rod project

Started by Flipper, July 27, 2004, 08:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

Quote from: "Flipper"My truck (same serial number) is also in a book that I bought.

After looking at my own pictures just now, I think I might recess the firewall a little instead of making the hood longer.  The proportions of the fenders, hood, and windshield look just about perfect to me in the bottom pic.

unklian

Here is that pic with the roof removed and the cockpit moved back.
FWIW

Flipper

I was surfing some european tractor pulling sites and found some cool stuff.  Too bad most of it is in a languange that I can't read.

This one has the heads turned backwards (intake and exhaust where they are "supposed" to be) and has three blowers (6-71?) in-line.

Flipper

This one is even neater to me.  They got rid of the big accessory drive- gearbox thing on the front of the motor.  They found another way to drive cams, ignition, fuel pump, starter, and oil pump

The heads on this one are also swapped.  oh yeah, it also has turbos.

alchevy

While I was in Louisville, a '29 Studebaker with a motor like yours came through my town and was in the newspaper. Go to www.vicksburgpost.com and click on archives on the lefthand side and do a search for Studebaker and find the article called "Rodzilla rides roads for freedom" about  Rodney Rucker of Winslow, Ariz. The article was in the 8/7/04 issue.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com