throttle shaft connection to transmission

Started by Overdrive, March 14, 2012, 07:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrive

This may be a dumb question, but are there different length arm geometries at the throttle shaft depending on TH350 for Kickdown and 700r4 for Throttle valve cable?

Need to mod a throttle body for 3 connections, throttle, trans and cruise.
originally manual trans, switching to 700R4 and cruise. Have shaft from older Qjets in parts box. thought about grafting lever setup onto newer shaft but I think the ones I have are for 350 kickdown.

I suppose I could probably get a replacement shaft with correct setup but would rather reuse something I have for free if possible.

WZ JUNK

The angle, the distance from the pivot shaft, and the adjustment are critical on these transmission.  Just do it like this site tells you.  http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/techinfo/700R4p1.html

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

34ford

700 r4 requires a special ratio kickdown cam. Can buy them from summit as pictured below.  

Summitt web page for the part  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-700202/       $19.95

The pic is my carb which shows the kickdown cam, throttle cable, the cruise control I hooked up to the foot feed inside the car

Summer also shows how to modify a 350 kickdown on his site.

I traced the kickdown cam on some card stock before i installed mine so I could send you a pdf you could print and cut one out.

Overdrive

Thanks for the rapid response.
WZ Junk this is exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!

34Ford, I would appreciate a copy of the template.

Charlie Chops 1940

I built mine for a 600 Holley carb based on Sumner's page. Works flawlessly.

At the time I did my swap 9-10 years ago, the ready made brackets were not readily available everywhere.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

chopped

I also used Sumner's site for my duel carb inline six with the 700r4. Worked great for the five years I owned the car.

34ford

Quote from: "Overdrive"Thanks for the rapid response.
WZ Junk this is exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!

34Ford, I would appreciate a copy of the template.

Now if I can remember where I put it. :oops: