S10 rotors and MII spindles

Started by 39chevy, September 28, 2004, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

39chevy

I thought that this subject had been covered before but can't find the messages.  Anyway, if I remember right you can put 82 s10 rotors on MII spindles but you have to machine the bearing pocket deeper.  Is this correct?  

Then you can use the calipers from a Monte Carlo, but what year I can't remember either.  So, what are the part numbers for the bearings, seals, rotors, and year of Monte Carlo.  Is there anyhing else I have forgotten?

Thanks, Don

enjenjo

Use the Mustang bearings and seal. The caliper is for a 79 or 80 Monte. You can sink the outer bearing a bit deeper, or make a special nut for it if you have a lathe. You will need a caliper adapter, available from Speedway
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47 ragtop

The mustang bearing numbers are A12 and A13. The National seal number is 471854. ECI sells the calipher bracket  kit which includes these seals and the special thin spindle nuts so no maching is necessary. Excellent product and services. I remember the cost is about 100.00.

rick 36dodge

I have a e few questions. How wide is this conversion ? The same as Mll Rotors ?  How much more stopping power that 9" Mll rotors ? Do you have the Address or E-mail for ECI ?
Thanks, Rick Harris.
:?:

47 ragtop

ECI phone is 860-872-7046. Web site is www.ecihotrodbrakes.com. This conversion will not increase tread width. ECI doesnot advertise this kit but still sells it. The metric caliphers have small pistons but this effectively increases the pressure. I have used this conversion on 7  46-48 chevies and they worked great.